Dream Log - Occasionally I have some interesting Dreams

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
I learned recently that failure to remember your dreams is actually a sign that you are getting good (effective) sleep. When you do remember your dreams, it means that you are on the borderline between sleep and wakening, which is less effective. <snip>
I can believe it. For years I never remembered dreaming. I do notice it these days now and again, and it is usually after a "nap". I definitely don't sleep as well these days as I did years ago.

An excerpt from a set of notes I'm collecting for a murder mystery detective novel, should I ever mature enough as a writer to complete it. If you have tales of QA associated treachery, please feel free to share them via PM.

This day started with me waking from a dream that I was spy George Washington on a mission in Europe, stunned and captured by incomplete robot George Washington. When the stunner wore off, I found that he’d taken my beard and switched it for his false one, and also added an artificial leg to me to compensate for his incomplete build. I slipped my bonds and we fought, trading blows with a balance that came from both of us knowing the same moves and having the same reach. I was trying a surprise move when the pain from sleeping on my shoulder for too long woke me, and my first conscious thought was “Damn, now I’ll never know how that fight ended”.

CCaantley

Involved In Discussions
The last time I had a truly good dream was about 27 years ago. I was transported from the pine woods at my parents' place and found myself in a fantasy world. I have a 3-400 handwritten page book on it, and back in 2015 I got a short story based in that world published :read:. Now I mostly dream about failing at work, my wife leaving me and my cats passing on... when I can actually sleep, anyway.

As always I came to the cove and have learned something new. People dream in black and white? I didn’t know that! My husband who I have known for 20 plus year is one of those people! Thanks for helping me discover something new about my love.

Now that I know this information i must know.....What makes a person dream in color vs black and white???

Most recently, I went from shop to shop in an outdoor mall, discreetly inquiring after anyone who might be interested in buying stolen German bank bonds – my client had been kidnapped in this area engaging in a similar enterprise and I was hoping to locate the client or the kidnappers in this manner. I stopped at a shop offering of free sandwich ingredients, and was just picking up a couple of small samples of meat when someone attacked me from behind. My shouting and struggles to turn around woke me, and I needed to pee. Now I’ll never know what that sandwich would taste like.

Top Bottom