Drilling Service Identification and Traceability Requirements

R

Rabab

Hi All,

I need your valuable support as usual:(

I'm in the field of drilling services where we have 5 rigs operates with different clients.

I have excluded 7.5.3 clause from the management system system using the following justification do not use store or control physical products.

yet I had the following argument with the auditor :

1. As long as you have warehouses this clause is applicable since you should track supplied material to rigs to avoid wrong delivery

2. Also you can trace your rigs services history ex: Rig 1 operates with client x then Y, ...ect and so on.

He didn't write it in his report yet I'm a little confused now what is the right thing to do?

Your usual feedback is really appreciated!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
R

Rabab

Re: Service Identification and traceability

Hi All ,

still waiting for any help :confused::confused:

thanks a lot in advance

:thanx:

AMIT BALLAL

Trusted Information Resource

Please note, only permitted exclusion from TS standard is 7.3 (Product design).

You cannot get exclusion from 7.5.3.

Requirement of 7.5.3 Clause:

Where appropriate, the organization shall identify the product by suitable means throughout product
realization.
The organization shall identify the product status with respect to monitoring and measurement requirements
throughout product realization. : This means status such as accepted, Inprocess (WIP), Rejected, pending for rework, etc. status needs to be identified on material.

Where traceability is a requirement, the organization shall control the unique identification of the product and
maintain records (see 4.2.4).: This means every part / stage / any material should be uniquely identified

This is how we comply with the requirement of the clause & how I interpreted to the clause.
I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Amit

John Broomfield

Staff member
Super Moderator

Hi All,

I need your valuable support as usual:(

I'm in the field of drilling services where we have 5 rigs operates with different clients.

I have excluded 7.5.3 clause from the management system system using the following justification do not use store or control physical products.

yet I had the following argument with the auditor :

1. As long as you have warehouses this clause is applicable since you should track supplied material to rigs to avoid wrong delivery

2. Also you can trace your rigs services history ex: Rig 1 operates with client x then Y, ...ect and so on.

He didn't write it in his report yet I'm a little confused now what is the right thing to do?

Your usual feedback is really appreciated!
Rabab,

I bet you can trace who provided the services to the names of the crew responsible.

Excluding your services from the traceability requirements is not justified because service is an essential part of your product.

John

C

chagi

Early deliveries, too, can be expensive. Suppose we drop-ship a big piece of equipment to an address in NYC where, on a specific day, the traffic will be stopped so that a huge crane can winch it through a window onto the customer's premises - if it arrives a few days early, it can't just sit on the sidewalk.:(:thanx:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Service for drilling fluids recovery systems Service Industry Specific Topics 1
M Drilling thru sealant? Aerospace assemblies Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
M Drilling Close Tolerance Holes - Advice needed on Sampling Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 9
M FMEA for Drilling Process - What kind of failure can happen during drilling process? FMEA and Control Plans 8
H Statistical Methods in Welding, Drilling and Cutting Industry ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
S Identifying Non-Conformities in a Drilling (Contractor) Organization Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
M API articles - testing of drilling & cementing product (API RP 10F) - other sources? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 4
J EU 207/2012 E-IFU Service Video EU Medical Device Regulations 1
S How is the service life for class I reusable medical devices described in MDR? EU Medical Device Regulations 7
S How is the service life described for class I reusable medical devices in MDR? Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 1
L AS9100 - Product and Service Provision 8.5.1q AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
JoCam Rental, service & installation - regulatory requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 2
E Qualification for non gmp service providers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
I Equipment service dates ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
H Operational planning and product and service provision when things happen so fast ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
C One Time Service Supplier - Temperature and Humidity Testing Service ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
D IEC 60601-1 - Service life testing IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 8
D Device functionality over service life - Objective evidence required? Design and Development of Products and Processes 10
Q ISO 9001 8.5.1 - Control of production and service performance ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
L Design & Development of a SERVICE Service Industry Specific Topics 13
N Evaluation of service providers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
N "Placing on the market" & "putting into service"- one time regulatory event or Continual supply event? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
samarth IVD manufacturer and service provider ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
C Quality Manager vs Warranty (service) Manager - Authorities & Responsibilities Customer Complaints 2
J Product Service after CE Certification expiration CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
T Nonconforming product at customer detected by a routine inspection by field service Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
S Service record requirements for Non-Serviceable Medical Devices CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
C Quality at Logistical Service Provider Service Industry Specific Topics 0
M Standards Subscription Service and Standards Tracking Service Pros and Cons? Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
J NHS exemption - Benefits versus expectations in UK NHS service EU Medical Device Regulations 0
C ISO 9001:2015 Monitoring and measuring resources. Application a service industry ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
K Packaging and Damaged Parts returned from a Service Provider (Anodize) - Who is Responsible? Manufacturing and Related Processes 20
F 21 CFR Part 11 - Implicit requirements - Validation plan for a Software as a Service Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
M Informational From RAPS – Prep for Brexit: UK Seeks £25M Freight Service to Deliver Medicines, Devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
C Determining if Maintenance Contractor is an External Service subject to ISO 9001 Clause 8.4 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 43
W Customer Signature / Acceptance Service Reports Service Industry Specific Topics 2
T Is anyone working with N299.1 (Supply/service to nuclear power plants)? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 0
Ed Panek Ideas to keep quotes for consulting service accurate on not inflated Consultants and Consulting 11
M Informational New Notified Body designated under the MDR – TÜV SÜD Product Service GmbH Zertifizierstellen Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
V Replaced part affecting service life? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 8
A Defining Expected Service Life in Risk Management File Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 5
T Transportation - External Service Provider ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
B Will you please help me with my academic project? Repair & calibration service for test equipment ISO 17025 related Discussions 0
S Product registration platforms - A service called Licensale by Arazy Group Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 0
K How to define Expected life service life of medical device Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
A AS9100 D Counterfeit Prevention Program - We just service parts AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 17
W AS9120B 8.5.1 Control of Production and Service Provision AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
A ITSM (IT Service Management) Ticket Audit Template Service Industry Specific Topics 0
P REACH - BOMcheck.net - What I can expect from this service? REACH and RoHS Conversations 0
N Possibly worlds first customer service complaint Supply Chain Security Management Systems 0