Hi,
I am about to write a report to corporate regarding our new facilities certification and whether they should consider AS9110 accreditation.

Existing site is accredited to AS9100D, the new facility is not yet included into the scope.

Basic scope of new facility:
Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul service of XXX product for land based defense industry with aviation capability.

Aside from the fact the clue is pretty much in the scope, the facility does work to customer specific component maintenance manuals for all repair work under the contract, the customer only requires ISO9001 standards within its contract and PO.
All my previous companies have been EASA so had both AS9100 and AS9110 (part 21 and 145) so my view is that this facility should be AS9110.

My question being:
Could this facility be incorporated into the scope of AS9100?

Apologies the detail is quite vague for a reason.. Thanks

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
My question being:
Could this facility be incorporated into the scope of AS9100?
Certainly. There are many repair and overhaul organizations that are certified to 9100 rather than 9110.

If you were to trail the 9110 path, you would be facing a relative scarcity of 9110 qualified auditors.

When I was very involved in the AAQG, I wrote articles supporting the deployment of 9110, but such standard has had a very small market penetration in the sector.

Ok thanks Sidney.
So as an AS9100 original OEM how would we then incorporate the repair to CMM and assessments of airworthiness, lifed items etc..
My mind seems to be stuck in EASA world where everything had to be clearly segregated.
I'm thinking it would mean a complete re write of the 9100 scope and key processes to include all the service repairs.

Certainly. There are many repair and overhaul organizations that are certified to 9100 rather than 9110.

If you were to trail the 9110 path, you would be facing a relative scarcity of 9110 qualified auditors.

When I was very involved in the AAQG, I wrote articles supporting the deployment of 9110, but such standard has had a very small market penetration in the sector.
Hi, Sydney. I agree with finding few AS9110 qualified auditors. I am having trouble implementing an AS9110 system for an FAA part 145 repair station. They need to comply with the FAA and have a repair station manual. Are you in the United States, if so, maybe we can communicate on some of my issues. I would appreciate any help.
Mike

Top Bottom