Dummy SMTP server for email testing

J

jannetwild

Hi,

I want to test my email delivery system.
Could anyone suggest a tool (fake smtp) from your experience?

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
There are a lot of free testing sites. http://mxtoolbox.com/ is one (not sure if it has email tests off hand).

Any time I want to check an email server I send an email from the server to one of my email accounts such as GMail and then look at the entire raw received email (including headers). If my GMail account doesn't receive it obviously there is a setup problem. Or if the email bounces, again obviously there is a setup problem so I look at the raw bounced email to see what's in it and why it bounced.

B

brian456

Hello,

I would recommend emailvoid dot com -- a fake smtp. it's good for testing and it's free a Pay Service.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Considering the topic of this discussion thread is pretty far removed with discussions here, I did check out brian456's recommendation. Looks OK, but it is a pay service with a free trial.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Dummy Data with Dependency Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
S How to use Dummy Variable in Regression Model in Minitab Six Sigma 2
I Do we need GOOD and BAD Wire Harness "Dummy" Samples? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
M Dummy Recall Guidelines - How to evaluate recall effectiveness ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
J Certified Crash Test Dummy General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
was named killer CLOUD BASED QUALITY DOCUMENTATION vs. SERVER BASED Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
S Moving from client-server to cloud-based, is that a new submission? Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 3
M Trouble with Europa website - Internal Server Error (March 2019) EU Medical Device Regulations 5
Marc Server RAM Failure - 7 Dec 2018 Forum News and General Information 3
D SQL Server Username and Password Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 3
D Nonconformance on document control - Unapproved document on production server Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
H Requirements for Data Storage as to Geographic Server Location Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 11
P Blackberry Server Down - October 2011 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
V Do we need to Validate a Server/Back-End System? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
kisxena Transferring a validated software platform to a virtual server Software Quality Assurance 8
B Controlled Copies of a Quality Manual in an electronic media (file/server) Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 9
J What Can You Do with Active Server Pages? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 0
C User Acceptance Testing best practice - conducted on production server or test server Software Quality Assurance 0
ccochran Synthis software review - Process Modeler and Process Server Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 1
L Forms in MS Word - Trying to put forms on a server and prohibit modifications Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 84
W Is it permissable to maintain "controlled quality documents" on the EDP server only? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
S ISO 9001 software package that will work with Outlook on an Exchange server Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
A Document Matrix - Can the Server Directory Listing(s) be used? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 13
S Data/Drawing Control - All documents controlled on a head-office server? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1