Dynamic Torque Transducers: Calibration or Verification?

B

Brian Harder

Dynamic Torque Calibrations

We have many DC electric tools with internal dynamic torque transducers that we "calibrate" with an external transducer. We follow the manufacturers procedure. After talking with a couple of Calibration Suppliers and benchmarking other companies, I have been told that there is technically no traceability for dynamic torque (their is for static ex: torque wrench.) We have been advised to call this a "verification" for audit sake. Can anyone add further explanation to this and reference any documents that confirm this so that I can have this on file.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I know this is a bit late, but does anyone have any experience with external transducers?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Re-numbering or editing Dynamic Stamps in Adobe Acrobat Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
T MSE for dynamic balance measurement? Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
M Dynamic Control Plan Draft - need review FMEA and Control Plans 2
E MSA Study on MTS dynamic rate measurements Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
O Determination of Test Cycles of Dynamic Forces (IEC 60601) IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
Marc NHTSA - Crash imminent braking and dynamic brake support to its New Car Assessment World News 1
S Is a Dynamic Controlled Form acceptable per 21CFR820 Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
T Ballooning/Bubbling PDF drawings - My Dynamic Stamp AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 29
W IR Camera - Heat Survey of parts during dynamic testing General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
S Predicate Device Test Results - ASTM F1717 Static and Dynamic Testing 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
I Controlled Dynamic Forms vs. Fixed Forms US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
A Dynamic Control Plan used by Ford Powertrain division APQP and PPAP 5
B Step by step methodology in Preparation of Dynamic Control Plan (DCP) FMEA and Control Plans 3
K DCP (dynamic control plan) and PFMEA - Effectiveness of the DCP method FMEA and Control Plans 6
Jim Wynne An interesting antivirus experience - A "dynamic" test After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 14
Marc Acronym DCP - Dynamic Control Plan - Ford Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 8
W Ford Dynamic Control Plan (DCP) template in Excel .xls Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 14
R Gauge R&R on pre-set torque wrench Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
B M85049 backshell strain relief screw torque Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
J Gauge R&R on a torque measurement Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 11
H Can a calibration lab still use ISO 6789:2003 as guide for torque calibrations Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
D Torque fractional unit of measure; cN-m or N-cm? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
L Special Processes - Technical reason concerning torque - Anaerobic compounds Manufacturing and Related Processes 10
M Gage R&R with large inter part variance - Torque Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
A Torque Value for Different types of Fasteners (Socket Head, Button Head, CSK) Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
D How about another torque discussion? Assembly processes General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
D Yet another torque question... Assembly processes AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
A Does Torque Gage Need Validation? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
C AIAG's IATF 16949 section 7.1.5.1.1 - Torque MSA Requirement Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
M Chrysler is requesting a "Torque Strategy" for all Fastener Joints FMEA and Control Plans 7
T Adding an adapter to a Torque Meter to change the Range Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
J Pneumatic & Electrical Torque Tool - Calibration/Verification of 'Power Tools' General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
B How to do an MSA on an Automated Torque / Angle System Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
D Standard torque values for threaded fasteners AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
sonflowerinwales Torque of nuts and bolts, which one should you use? Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
J Calibration Merry Go Round - Torque Wrenches and Testers Calibration Frequency (Interval) 13
I Torque-Tension Testing on Automotive Parts AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
D Torque Wrench Calibration Interval Extension with Non-Use? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
W Torque Wrench Calibration question Service Industry Specific Topics 9
K MSA for Torque Dynamometer in Stepping Motor Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
C Preventing Torque Wrench Deterioration Calibration Frequency (Interval) 5
B Digital Torque Meter Gage R&R General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
S Which Torque Meter do I choose based on CpK studies ? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
AshleyE Torque Wrench Calibration/Verification General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 24
Q Need help on MSA study on a torque analyzer Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
J How to measure Loosening and Tightening Torque (VDA 5 - MSA) Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
Proud Liberal Torque Measurement Around A Rivet Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
R Torque Tester Calibration Traceability and Certificate question ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
I Should we immediately have recalibrated our Digital Torque Gauge? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
L Pneumatic Torque Wrench Calibration Procedure Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 1