E-Commerce - Use standard ISO units of measure

R

Ray Culver

We have a e-commerce site that we are going to upload a catalogue to, for customers to order our product from...

We are requested by the vendor to "Use standard ISO units of measure", for pricing of product (by unit of measure) in this "e-catalogue".

Question: What is ISO unit of measure?
[email protected]

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
J

Jim Biz

Just a far out guess
Is the Vender within the Euro marketplace?
if so I would think they are expecting pricing to be shown in not only canadian but Equivilent Euro dollar amounts

R

Ray Culver

Jim,
the vendor is not in Euro but rather not too far from you in the U.S.....

You're not aware of any standards dealing with "each", "pair", "set", etc, etc. For example $1.00 per set. Is there a standard for unit of measure as illustrated that you are aware of?
Ray

J

Jim Biz

Not that I'm aware of - still thinking along the lines of ISO meaning "equal" in this case xxxx Canadian xxxx equivlant US dollars.

Regards
Jim

M

Michel Saad

I am not sure either, but I would guess the IS (international standard)of measure (grams, meters, Amps, Atmospheres, seconds, etc...)instead of others (pounds, feet, torrs, etc...)

Hope it helps.

Ray,

You may want to try a search engine and use the following key words or phrases:

9 scheduling module - this is used so there are no conflicting interpretations

Systems International Units (SI) - these are base units & supplementary units. I believe this is ISO/IEC 10744:1997

ISO 3166 - this is for vocabulary

ISO/TC 12 identifies Units of Measures as relating to base & derived units using the International Systems of Units.

ANSI includes any units to which a price may be applied, such as package units, industry specific units, decimals, etc. UN ECE Trade Facilitation Recommendation 20.

I recently began looking this up for one of my clients. To tell you the truth this is out of my field.

awk

Ray,

Since my previous post I have narrowed down the information I provided.

Try the following:
www.iso.ch then click on Products for your Business. Click on SI Guide. This takes you to ISO Handbook - ISO 31. This is Quantities and Units that constitutes the body of International Standards covering the measurement of anything.

awk

R

Ray Culver

Awk, your a friend in the waiting! Thank you!

For those following the thread, ISO has a document (SI 31) available on-line at: http://www.iso.ch/markete/siguide.htm

Here is a brief description:
"The ISO Handbook, Quantities and Units has proved its worth. It contains the 14 parts that go to make up ISO 31, Quantities and units, and that constitutes the body of International Standards covering the measurement of anything. Now we have a pocket version with just the essentials of the International System of Units in a handly manual of 32 pages.

The SI is built in such a way that only one unit is used for each kind of quantity, which makes the system very simple. But, of course, this SI Guide contains conversion factors for other common units, in order to make it easy to calculate numerical values expressed in SI units."

This invariable, would be the starting point for e-commerce application when selling both domestic and internationally.

More to come......

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security survey Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
Ajit Basrur U.S. ? China Joint Commission on Commerce and Trade (JCCT) - Fact Sheet ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
P Definition Start of Saleable and Ship to Commerce - Definition of GM Terms Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 3
T Licensing jurisdiction of the US Department of Commerce Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
C ISO 9000 & e-commerce ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
D E.commerce ISO Registration ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
J QS9000 vs. E-commerce QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 3
G What to do with correction factors overlooked by an accredited standard (6.4.11)? ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
G Copy of withdrawn ISO 9001:1994 Quality Management Standard ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
Anonymous16-2 SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) Numbering Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
Ed Panek Compliance with Standards? When a standard is updated/revised CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
Skooma Deburring and Tolerances - Is there a Standard for deburring or removing material? Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
B Purchasing AS9100D Standard in Japanese AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
O In addition to the standard, what other ISO 13485 sources do people recommend? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
B ASTM E18-2020 - Rockwell testing standard changes? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
M Informational RoHS Standard - EN 63000:2018 to replace EN 50581:2012 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 11
M IEC 60601-1 1988 - Device developed in 2012 with standard of 1988 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
D Recent changes to ISO 14971 - SOP required for managing standard revisions ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
P Cenelec updated standard information CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
S Is there a standard for sample size during R&D phase Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 18
J Standard used to determine if check fixture gauge is acceptable Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
N Program or application for standard time measurement in industry from video surveillance? Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 1
I Where can I beg, steal (just kidding of course) or borrow good training material on the ISO 9001:2015 standard? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
K Question on whether IEC 60601-2-62 standard is applied IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
B Clause 5.1.12 of Technical Standard IEC 62304/A1 IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
M Viable count Measurement ISO Standard Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
I When exactly was "competence" added to the ISO-9001 standard? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
S Managing specification changes on standard parts purchased through trading companies Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
MDD_QNA QR Code Standard ISO/IEC 15417:2007 - Does anyone use it? Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
S Average and standard deviation of Cumulative Data Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
R Standard Filter for Calibration Colorimeter ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
B Standard for Dielectric Strength Test IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
M Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) Testing - What Standard to Use? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
M Harmonised RED Standard ETSI EN 440 - Which Version? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
R QMS Standard appilications on different Defense Sector Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 1
A Supplier Quality Standard vs Senior Management Direction Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
B To detect the non standard variable IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
J What is the minimum standard for automotive component traceability? Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
B Need For BIS Standard Mark? Imported OEM's Power supply,Li-Ion Battery Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
C On spontaneous but non-standard rankings FMEA and Control Plans 3
E Post Market Surveillance Standard Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 4
A IEC 60601-2-2 - Defib-proof test amendment to base standard IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
N Is there a standard / rules pertaining to eating in medical device manufacturing area? Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
M Performance Standard for Balloon Trocars Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
D Standard guide for shelf life determination of non sterile component with degradation materials Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 1
D Using "Particle Size Standard" templates as gauges - How to avoid giving a gauge # while using for process control? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
S Where to get online AS standard audit certification classes? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
P ISO 10993-1:2018 - When will the European equivalent become a Harmonized Standard? Other Medical Device Related Standards 13
M Informational From AAMI – FDA Recognizes AAMI Standard and TIR Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
S Implementing a 45001 Health & Safety standard - Internal audit plan wanted Internal Auditing 1