E-learning take 2... Is anyone currently, or in the past, tried E-Learning?

In March Atul asked us if and to what extent we used E-learning. At the time it was not too common. However, when it comes to computers things change fast. Since then we have started to use it, even though it's still in its infancy.

How we do it? Using simple forms on the intranet (Nothing flashy). We recieve the replies via mail.
The results? So far very encouraging. We really do get replies. :eek:
What subjects have we covered in this way? So far we have used it only to train auditors in ISO9001:2000.

How about the rest of you? Are you doing something similar?

/Claes

Last edited:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Joe Cruse

Mopar or No Car
We've not done much with this, related specifically to the QMS yet, other than training on the software system for our QMS. But in the lab, I've picked up 2 or 3 computer -based programs for our analysts that seem to do well. One was a safety theme (radation), and the other two were from spectrometer manufacturers (basics of the spectrometer/foundation and principles behind the instrument). Each course allowed the user to progress at theirown rate, and each had tests to be taken along the way. I turned these into "Quality Talks", and made them part of their training on file. I'm still looking for more, and would like to find an internal auditor course like this.

Joe

C

Craig H.

Don't know if this is totally on topic, but I took my master's online. Visited campus only twice-once each of the last 2 quarters.

This type of learning has its advantages. Being anywhere in the world and doing much of the work anytime you like are 2. There were subjects that were difficult for me, however, and I think that the method of instruction had something to do with it. The more advanced statistics/acceptance sampling class in particular was difficult, likely because there is something about seeing a problem worked through on a blackboard that was missing.

We still don't have E-Learning at work, but I can see a day when it might come.

By the way, a good text on design in general that touches on E-Learning is "The Systematic Design of Instruction" by Dick & Carey.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bill Ryan - 2007

We have implemented a visual standards training program on our "Intranet" for all new hires. It appears to work very well and indoctrinates the newly hired into the jargon, as well as views, of die casting/trimming/machining visual nonconformances.

At home I have taken a few courses on-line and when (not if) I satisfactorally complete the course, I can get reimbursed at work (if the topic is "job related"). I've been very happy with the courses I have taken.

Just my two cents (or pence?)

Bill

Randy

Super Moderator
Check this out. I haven't done it myself, but it may be the real deal.

Online Class: Essentials of Auditing Management Systems - Auditing Process

This course, the first in the BSI CEEM e-library, covers the essential skills to conduct a management system audit. The interactive approach utilized reinforces the basic auditor skills of planning, note taking, report writing and audit closure. In, addition, interactive testing at the end of the course will confirm your understanding of the material. The auditing of a process-based system will be emphasized.
Prerequisite
A basic understanding of management systems.

Topics covered

Background of auditing
Planning
Execution
Record keeping and note taking
Closure
Who should attend
Management and employees involved with the implementation of a management system, anyone who needs to enhance their basic knowledge base, or someone that just needs a refresher.

Course Timing
Approximately three hours to complete.

System Requirements
An internet connection with Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 or later or Netscape 5 or later.

Price: $125.00

C

Craig H.

Randy:

THANKS for the info on the classes. With travel budgets tight, I have been looking for a way to train our auditors that would have a chance of getting approved. This just might be the ticket.

Joe Cruse

Mopar or No Car
Thank you Randy. I'm going to check it out. We have 2-3 people we have trained for internal audits "in-house", but I'd love to get them some additional training, and our registrar's classes are off site and pricey. This might help a lot.

Joe

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Atul Khandekar said:
Does anyone have any experience with ASQ e-Learning center?
Good question - Now, 2 years or so later, anyone have any experience with the ASQ's e-Learning center?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Anyone know of any good TS 16949 E- learning sources? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
F Learning Uncertainty Budget for Novice - Fluke 5520A Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
I Good resources for learning statistics (quality engineering related) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 10
M Informational Health Canada has launched an e-Learning tool to aid in understanding the premarket regulatory requirements for medical devices in Canada Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
pbojsen Computerized Learning Management Systems (Training systems) recommendations? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M Medical Device News FDA News - 27-08-18 - 2018 Learning program and GUDID updates Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
ScottK What Became of Alamo Consulting or Alamo Learning Systems Consultants and Consulting 5
M Learning by gaming / (gamification) Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 12
V Accelerated Learning and Simulations / Scenarios - Statistics Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
T Having Fun While Learning ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
F Getting the audit procedure in my head (learning it) Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
M Bachelor of Engineering Course - Distance learning Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
M How to prepare for a PLI (Professional Learning Indicator) job test Career and Occupation Discussions 6
W TS16949 Quick Learning Material Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
V Learning Management Systems (LMS) & Training Management Systems (TMS) Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
M Learning ISO 13485 - Getting a better understanding of the requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
K Non-Normal Data Analysis Literature, Websites, Books for Learning Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
P Which training system or LMS (Learning Management System) to train Auditors? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
R IQ/OQ/PQ Literature - Learning and implementing IQ/OQ/PQ procedures at my facility Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
R Quality Manager Training Methods - Learning and Implementing ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 26
C Learning Material for a Third Party Distribution Sales Environment Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
Q Training Management Systems (aka Learning Management Systems) Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
C Zeiss C 90 HP - Any suggestions for learning Umess UX. Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
P Beginning with ISO - Suggest any diploma course or online learning course Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
H ISO 9126 E-learning training course - Recommendations wanted Software Quality Assurance 3
A Learning Excel - Web Site, Book, and Add-in Recommendations Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 6
C Complete ISO idiot on a steep learning curve - Quality Manual Review appreciated ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
P What is Distance learning course? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
J Learning Statistical Process Control - I need a crash course in SPC Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
M Internal Audit Exercises/Games to Engage Auditors in Experiential Learning ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 34
B CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) Exam Learning Guidance and Related Questions Professional Certifications and Degrees 15
B Suggestions for Books on Testing/QA related to E-learning Courses Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
B ISO 9001 for an E-Learning company - How to proceed when processes are not clear ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
Q Aerospace Quality related Distance Training/Learning/Exams Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
ScottK Foundations in Quality Learning Series: ASQ's Quality Basics Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
ScottK Learning about converting an AutoCAD .dwg to a .STEP file Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
L Registrar Customer Learning Session-Independence Ohio Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
Govind Sharing key Audit learning across multi-site operations General Auditing Discussions 12
P TS 16949 AIAG books needed for learning the requirements of the standard IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
S Layman's Learning Tool Needed - Regression analysis, t-tests, chi-square tests, etc. Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
Marc Distance Learning - From ivory tower to academic sweatshop Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
C A New Term for Defectives: SLO - Significant learning opportunities World News 0
C Learning Uncertainty - Training, Good book? Good software or freeware? Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 14
N Distance Learning - Quality Management and TQM - Seeking Recommendations Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
C ISO 9001:2000 E-Learning for people new to ISO 9000 Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
C Learning Curves - Biggest Process "VARIABLE" is mobile workforce ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
Atul Khandekar Use of Computer Aided Learning for Quality Topics - E-Learning Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 20
A Distance Learning where I would be able to obtain a 4 year degree in Quality? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 7
D Learning about what's involved in the Ford Q1 award and QOS - Seeking Information Customer and Company Specific Requirements 14
A Does anyone have a checklist of API Spec 650 13th Edition? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 0