E-marketplace QMS (Quality Management System)

S

shridhar

I am operating an e-marketplace. I need to implement Quality Management Systems (QMS)for this new breed of business. Could i know
1)where can i get information on QMS for e-marketplace.
2)how do i build the QMS.
3) How the QMS for e-marketplace differs from QMS for other type of businesses e.g. manufacturing, software development, etc..

[This message has been edited by shridhar (edited 05 February 2001).]

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Kevin Mader

One of THE Original Covers!
Staff member
Admin
Question #3 sums it up for me. There isn't a major difference. It is all in how you see your deliverable (product or service, and keep in mind, products needn't be tangible). Find a philosophy (or create it) on how to run your business, then pick a QMS to help guide you to success.

There are many suggested philosophies and QMSs at this site. I suggest browsing around first for yourself and returning here with your narrowed down choices if you would like further discussion.

Regards,

Kevin

D

Don Fenton

Originally posted by shridhar:
I am operating an e-marketplace. I need to implement Quality Management Systems (QMS)for this new breed of business. Could i know
1)where can i get information on QMS for e-marketplace.
2)how do i build the QMS.
3) How the QMS for e-marketplace differs from QMS for other type of businesses e.g. manufacturing, software development, etc..

[This message has been edited by shridhar (edited 05 February 2001).]

VISIT: http://www.IBMPlaces.ihost.com
This may help answer some questions

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I don't see any difference from addressing design of a QMS in any company. You follow the basics.

If you have no experience in establishing a QMS in another business of any kind, you might want to consider a consultant. Either that or you have quite a lot of homework to do. This is to say if your pipe is leaking you can fix it yourself or you can call a plumber. If you know nothing about plumbing you will probably save yourself time and money by calling the plumber. If you do it yourself the damage you cause will probably well exceed what you would have spent to have the plumber fix it 'right'. This is, of course, assuming you retain a competent, honest plumber... There are 'bad' consultants as well as 'bad' plumbers.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DuncanGibbons Enterprise Architecture for QMS Conceptualization AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
O Adding ISO 13485 to an AS9100 QMS ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S Class I MDR Article 10 – QMS EU Medical Device Regulations 1
I Drupal for QMS Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 26
D ISO 9001:2015 4.3 Determining the Scope of the QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M Scope of Combined ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 QMS - Non-automotive customers ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
S Validation Records - Very young QMS Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
E Sharepoint for ISO 13485 QMS for small IVD company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
GreatNate Where to get a KPI dashboard for QMS processes Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
mike10 QMS Update - Rev. up or start over? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
U QMS for medical device startups ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
B QMS question in regards to multiple medical devices/products and N/A activities Other Medical Device Related Standards 12
B Record Management - Does the QMS need to control templates of records? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 17
D How do I promote my QMS? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
I Questions to ask when auditing for Organizational Leadership and Planning for the QMS? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
C QMS Document Management Software Recommendations Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 14
R QMS Standard appilications on different Defense Sector Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 1
O ISO 9001 new certification advice request - Develop a QMS from scratch ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
L Clause 0.4 of ISO 9001 and EHS - Where should I stop the inclusion of EHS in my QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
R ISO 13485 QMS Implementation Training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
B We need a QMS: file-based templates or software Other Medical Device Related Standards 23
H QMS Software Recommendation (US based, Hemp) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
D How to Identify the Risks and Opportunities required for QMS Processes? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
D Benefits of electronic QMS software Software Quality Assurance 5
D Why are pharma companies automating QMS systems? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 2
dgrainger QMS for device "use" in a Health Institution? EU Medical Device Regulations 7
R ISO 13485 and QMS related concepts Training - Small medical device startup company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
R Implementing Design History Documents/ Technical Documents in the QMS ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
R Approvals on QMS Documents - ISO 13485 Requirements Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
T AS9100D - Scope of QMS for New Company - Only Choosing a Function Subset Due to Management AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 14
G QMS requirements for legal manufacturer when outsourcing manufacturing process Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 22
R ISO 13485 QMS sequence of implementation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S Is Annual QMS Training Required? ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
Dean Bell QMS Content for one-man consultancy Consultants and Consulting 19
C CE marking for general IVD (self-certified) & ISO 13485 QMS requirements - auditing EU Medical Device Regulations 6
I Is this a Major AS9100 QMS change - Quality Concerns AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
R ISO 13485 purchasing QMS and ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
lifehealer ISO 9001 QMS VS ISO 41001 FMS Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 7
L Audit boundaries - Is a Registrar permitted to audit a company's QMS by visiting their suppliers? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 26
A IRCA QMS Foundation Courses India ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 3
T Risk analysis of QMS software - Validating software we use for QMS ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
I QMS documents required at each stage of Software development IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
T QMS Training for my organization - IATF16949 and also AS9100 or 9145 Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
A How to manage the QMS system and SOP during the transition from MDD to MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 4
GreatNate QMS in SharePoint - Is anyone doing this? Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
F Quality Objectives - Where in the QMS Quality Objectives should be located ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
M Referencing the MDR by name in QMS SOPs EU Medical Device Regulations 2
CPhelan Labeling template on QMS - Kitting and labeling documentation Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
Farley.0 QMS Sales Goals & Quality Objectives Manufacturing and Related Processes 22
T QMS Template Help - Small machine shop/job shop Manufacturing and Related Processes 1