Easy Software Needed for Recording Mainly Attribute Data

B

BarbDiSalvo

My company makes injection molded parts for several industries. We typically identify each mold with a mold number, and each mold can make different iterations of a part (depending on inserts). My inspectors are required to do an audit of each machine running. Most of the items they look for are basic attributes- are there short shots, is color good, etc. Sometimes they have dimensional data to take or go/no-go gaging. Right now this is all recorded on a generic form. The inspector uses a separate part-specific check sheet to identify the items to check.

I am wanting to go digital with this and have some sort of software program that would allow the inspector to look for a mold number, then find the correct part that is running that is from that mold, and have a form for that part's characteristics be displayed. I need the inspector to be able to enter notes and complete specified checks on that form, as well as be able to enter the variable data and get a pass/fail signal.

I have been looking for software that can do this but have not found anything remotely close. Most are for systems auditing or variable data entry, or are a complete QMS package (which I don't need). Does anyone know of something out there that can do the things I need?

Thank you!!!!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
B

BarbDiSalvo

I did look at the Gainseeker software, but I think that would be too much for my inspectors. Some of them have very limited computer skills, and the menu on that looks busy. I have looked at FastField and it seems very simple, but I'm not crazy about cloud-based software, or paying a monthly fee.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Complaint Records - Accessing records on Easy Track Software Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 3
Q Easy CARs for Internal Audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
W Does anyone have any experience with the Easy Metric System? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
Q How to provide evidence of Strategic Direction (Easy) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
A EASA Easy Access Rules for Continuing Airworthiness - June 2017 EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 0
Q Easy Way of "Implementing" Risk in ISO 9001 2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
T Metrics and Statistics for Improvement - Easy to implement Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
Marc How to Live Easy in China on $475 a Month and still be able to Save Money Immigration and Expatriate Topics 2
N Moisture Analyzer Out of Calibration - Easy Way to Confirm Everything Ok? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
N Tracking Shelf-Life of Materials - Is there an easy way? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
K An easy way to distinguish Tooling vs. Equipment Design and Development of Products and Processes 7
L Easy Access of Obsolete Documents - Corrective Action help needed ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
G All FDA Regulations in a New Easy Download Format US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
G VERY easy savory baked Thanks Giving party treat Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
M How to Implement the QHSE Integrated Management System Easy Steps? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 1
smryan EASY Chicken Enchilada dish Imported Legacy Blogs 4
U Easy-Difficult Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
J Easy Method to Test a Caliper - Good or bad? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
B Newbie, easy to follow guide for organizing/assembling very first PPAP booklet APQP and PPAP 3
N SPC Light Program - Easy way of Cpk extraction from multiple control charts Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
T Very Basic, Easy Document Control Training - Preferably Powerpoint .ppt Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
A 510(k) Ownership Change - Is it painful or is it a pretty easy process 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
G BillMyParents makes it easy for kids to spend parents' money After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
S Easy way to determine % (concentration) of NaOH in an aqueous solution? Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
P Easy, Albert... Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
N A Man Leaves Home - Teaser - Easy Brain Teasers and Puzzles 5
R Recommendations for a Low cost and Easy to Implement Quality Management System Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 9
H Is it easy to change to another field as a quality engineer? Career and Occupation Discussions 3
B Any Easy Way to determine Linearity Study Acceptability? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
L Employee Morale Boosters - Low cost, quick, and easy ideas to boost morale Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 31
A Proper term for 'Easy Identification'? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
R What is this formula? Translating Gage R&R result to something easy to grasp Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
Antonio Vieira Learn any language! Text to Speech - It's easy to speak for example Portuguese After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 3
B Grammar Made Easy In 23 Steps Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 2
Marc Are you affected by hurricane Katrina? New Orleans (The Big Easy) due for a bash? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 64
S Stamping part numbers on components for easy identification without a print change Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
S Shiny new CAPA system! - Easy way to close the old one? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
Douglas E. Purdy Pondering "Document Control Made Easy" by Craig Cochran Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
B The Idea Generator - Quick and Easy Kaizen Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 1
M MSA - Bias Study - Is there any easy method to follow and apply? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
Howard Atkins TS 16949 Transition - Easy? Changed Auditor Requirements? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 25
Marc ISO9001:2000 Interpretations - Year 2000 Change Easy Or Hard? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
D Need Easy Performance Measures QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 4
V Internal Audit Software IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
Watchcat New Draft Guidance on Content of Premarket Submissions for Software Device "Functions" Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
Watchcat Software validation vs design V&V? Other US Medical Device Regulations 27
M Initial Importer/Distributor and Software Validation IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
F Configurator for a power unit - Software or other solution? Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
D Test Management Software Software Quality Assurance 1
E ISO 13485 software validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7