Easy Software Needed for Recording Mainly Attribute Data

B

BarbDiSalvo

My company makes injection molded parts for several industries. We typically identify each mold with a mold number, and each mold can make different iterations of a part (depending on inserts). My inspectors are required to do an audit of each machine running. Most of the items they look for are basic attributes- are there short shots, is color good, etc. Sometimes they have dimensional data to take or go/no-go gaging. Right now this is all recorded on a generic form. The inspector uses a separate part-specific check sheet to identify the items to check.

I am wanting to go digital with this and have some sort of software program that would allow the inspector to look for a mold number, then find the correct part that is running that is from that mold, and have a form for that part's characteristics be displayed. I need the inspector to be able to enter notes and complete specified checks on that form, as well as be able to enter the variable data and get a pass/fail signal.

I have been looking for software that can do this but have not found anything remotely close. Most are for systems auditing or variable data entry, or are a complete QMS package (which I don't need). Does anyone know of something out there that can do the things I need?

Thank you!!!!

B

BarbDiSalvo

I did look at the Gainseeker software, but I think that would be too much for my inspectors. Some of them have very limited computer skills, and the menu on that looks busy. I have looked at FastField and it seems very simple, but I'm not crazy about cloud-based software, or paying a monthly fee.

Top Bottom