Effect of ISO900:2000 to QS9000

D

dewie

Will Task Force revise the QS requirements to match with ISO9000:2000? If yes, when? Do anyone get the idea about this?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
R

Roger Eastin

I have heard it both ways: at first, I heard that QS9K would change to match the ISO9000: 2000 format, then I heard that QS would not be changed. Since you don't have to change your quality documentation format to accomodate the 2000 version, I doubt that QS will change (IMHO). Also, I'm one of those who thinks that there will be less emphasis on QS in the future (as TS16949 replaces it).

E

Elberth Ardila Tabera

Hi Roger!
I Have heard TS16949 will replace QS9K, i´m confuse, TS16949 is like ISO 9000:2000? same level?, Is a Technical Standar or Tech. support, or is it a complement or attach of ISO 9000? Thanks for your helping me.

------------------

R

Roger Eastin

The latest information from the Big 3 is that you will have a choice between QS9K and ISO16949. You (ie, your organization) will have to determine which standard makes the best business sense for you to follow. I think there are still some questions about the registration scheme and about the Customer-specific requirements at the moment (for ISO16949), but that should clear up soon. ISO16949 is based on ISO9000:1994 (for now) and is meant to be an automotive "appendix" to ISO9000. So when ISO9000:1994 changes to ISO9000:2000, so will ISO16949 change to conform with ISO9000:2000 version. By the way, you can get a copy of ISO16949 from ASQ or AIAG. (The last that I heard, though, is that still comes without any customer-specific requirements.)

C

Christian Lupo

The B3 has no plans to revise the third edition of QS-9000 in order to align it with ISO-9000:2000. In fact they bought the rights to ISO-9001:1994 so that they can keep on using the text verbatim. This is more evidence to suggest that QS will eventually become obsolete as more emphasis is placed on TS.

Furthermore TS is being revised early in 2000 to align it with ISO-9000:2000. A draft version of the "new" TS standard should be completed by 7/2000. "Why didnt they just wait to release TS, when ISO-9000:2000 was going to be released?" The B3 felt there was value in releasing the TS standard as it currently exists.

D

Dag Spee

Hello Everyone,

I am a Dutch Master of Science student in Construction Management, and have already worked for a Dutch contractor that was ISO 9002 certified for a year. At the moment, I'm starting my dissertation at the South Bank University in London. The topic I'm interested in is the effect of the new ISO 9000/2000 norms on companies that are already ISO 9000 certified. Also I want to investigate why the decission was made to introduce ISO 9000/2000. Maybe some of you canhelp me find some research material?

Thanks in advance for your troubles,

Dag Spee.
E-mail: [email protected]

------------------
Be so friendly to reply personal mail to:
[email protected]

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Qyu Autoclave and Sample Container - Pressure-steam cooking's effect Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 1
J EU ISO 13485:2016 Recertification Audit - Effect of 10 Minor Nonconformances EU Medical Device Regulations 2
C Design for Assembly in DFMEA - Failure Effect of Sub-System(s) FMEA and Control Plans 5
supadrai Effect of a Merger on Acquired Company's Medical Device Licenses Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
H New FAQ & SI -IATF 16949 - Effect in april and june 2018 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
G Effect of ISO9001 2015 transition on ISO IEC 80079-34 Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
N PFMEA no effect ratings FMEA and Control Plans 15
Ron Rompen The Effect of Heat on Production and Quality Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 14
Q Risk Tools in ISO 31010 - Root Cause Analysis vs. Cause-and-effect Analysis ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
K Determining Effect of Failure without a DFMEA (Design FMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 1
D Is it okay to CE mark the product until the RoHS2 directive goes into effect? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 7
N Reason for determining no adverse effect on reworked product ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
Sean Kelley Seeking Feedback on ASQ Guide to Failure Mode and Effect Analysis FMEA and Control Plans 2
D Effect of Fixtures on Test Method Validation Design and Development of Products and Processes 1
P Cyclic Effect Factoring in DOE (Design of Experiments) Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
C CFDA MD regulation_20140331 - Comes into effect June 01, 2014 China Medical Device Regulations 33
M Effect of Boil Test on Passivated SS Medical Instruments Manufacturing and Related Processes 11
F Power supply certification and its effect on testing IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
R Does the SIC have an effect on the ISO scope on your certificate? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
C Severity of Effect on Process (Manufacturing/Assembly Effect) Scrap or Reworking FMEA and Control Plans 3
M BS EN ISO 15223-1:2012 replaces EN 980 - What is the effect of the change? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 44
C Cause and Effect Matrix Template Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
B Changes that could effect the Quality Management System - Management Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
R Length Out of Specification - How do I perform Cause and Effect Diagram? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
A Comparing Effect of Process Parameters on Equipment Performance during Start Ups Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
P Control of "manufacturing material" that has adverse effect on the medical device? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
B Effect of Soldering on Tin Plating Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
D Effect of Puncture Orientation on Force Value Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
P Process FMEA with the effect "brakes are broken" - Is it nonconformity? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
S Root Cause Analysis & Cause and Effect Diagram Customer Complaints 5
M Effect of double ETO (Ethylene Oxide) Sterilization ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
V What effect has Supply Voltage on product performance? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
A Main Effect - Interaction Plots - 2 Level Factorial DOE with 18 Runs Using Minitab Software 8
V Effect of sample size on Cpk results? Using Minitab Software 2
Chennaiite FMEA Severity Rating for Potential Manufacturing Effect mentioned in the FMEA manual FMEA and Control Plans 9
A Cause and Effect Analysis - Hardness of Rubber (i.e., durometer) Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 11
Ajit Basrur Pre Filled Syringes (PFS) - Effect of Containers on the Contents 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
R EMP (Evaluating the Measurement Process) Studies for Bias Effect Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
I Quantifying the Effect of Excessive Within-Part Variation Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
B Sampling Plan - AQL effect on Sample Size AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 9
S The Effect of implementation of an Integrated Management System & EFQM ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
Q Cause and Effect Worksheet Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
M Effect of your Quality Role on your life Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 31
N Uncertainty for Humidity Probes - Temperature Effect from 0.5?C dew point = 1.3%rh Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 2
A Effect of %GRR (% Gage R&R) on Cpk Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 13
C Evaluation of Bearing (Effect) of a Deviation on Quality Nonconformance and Corrective Action 10
M Pygmalion Effect - Communication The Reading Room 11
M Recommendations for detecting "Triangle Effect" Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 11
ScottK Telecommuting may have the opposite effect on workers in the office. Career and Occupation Discussions 0
B Effect of Inept Leadership and Mismanagement on an Organization Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 13