Effectiveness of ISO 9001:2000 Implementation in small industrial organizations?

H

Hanged

well 1st i'm happy being with u :notme:

i'm writing my proposal of Msc thesis about : Implementation effectiveness of ISO 9001:2000 in small industrial organization

i'm searching for papers , journals , books .. etc which can help me to go through my research .. but till now i found a very little items

so can u help me with my issue ?

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
Re: can u help

Hanged, It would appear from what you are asking for you are a student, and one that has put quite a few years into your studies. I would first like to say, welcome we are happy to see people that are interested in this field. Second, you are about to enter another phase of your life. You will represent your degree, and your school, and your entire generation. It is probably not the best thing to come to a professional forum setting and write in text speak. I know that is a pet peeve of many on this board. I just wanted to pass that along, a faux pas on your part, I want to help in your education.

Are you an ASQ member? You might find some good information in their quality magazine. There are several other publications on the quality management profession. Which of those have you searched through so we don't duplicate your efforts. It would be nice to know what ground you have already covered.

S

Sam4Quality

Re: Implementation effectiveness of ISO 9001:2000 in small industrial organization

Welcome to the Cove, Hanged! That's a controversial name you've taken. :D.

I could'nt really grasp what SteelMaiden tried to imply, but what I made of it was this wasn't the right place for you to ask for information. :nope:

Just to give you a headstart on the benefits of ISO 9001:2000, if you haven't already covered that area, here's my :2cents::

Ciao. :cool:

Attachments

• Benefits of ISO_9001_2000.doc
    43 KB · Views: 223

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Re: Implementation effectiveness of ISO 9001:2000 in small industrial organization

Sam, I did not tell the poster that this wasn't the place to ask for information. I asked for further information on where he has researched so far, as well as offered some constructive information on proper board etiquette.

S

Sam4Quality

Thanks for the clarification SteelMaiden. Frankly, I could not understand what 'faux pas' he had done, hence my response.

I did know, though, that there was something ethical related to it. :)

Appreciated.

Ciao. :cool:

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator

Using text speak on a professional discussion board is considered poor judgement (except maybe on boards discussing phone text messages?), Sam. Nothing major. Please feel free to PM any poster if you are not sure of their meaning, or you may always report a post if you think there is something wrong.

And now, back to our original poster!:D

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

well 1st i'm happy being with u :notme:

i'm writing my proposal of Msc thesis about : Implementation effectiveness of ISO 9001:2000 in small industrial organization

i'm searching for papers , journals , books .. etc which can help me to go through my research .. but till now i found a very little items

so can u help me with my issue ?

Not to derail your research, but do you have a rigorous definition of "effectiveness"? Before you start researching (let alone writing) an academic paper, you'll need to have that. You might find it to be an elusive goal, as effectiveness of quality management systems is largely subjective.

H

Hanged

the help i meant in my post is to find some FREE sources of papers or other media which can help me in my theoretical part of the thesis .. and the practical part will be a case study for an small organziation which already implement ISO9001 and i'll measure the performance of many factors compared to the performance before applying the QMS by using a suitable method for gathering data and its analysis ..

Randy

Super Moderator

You might find it to be an elusive goal, as effectiveness of quality management systems is largely subjective.

I hate to say it but.....You're wrong!

Effectiveness is clearly defined for QMS and when it happens you can very easily see it...

ISO 9000:2005 - 3.2.14 effectiveness
extent to which planned activities are realized and planned results achieved

The planning is contained within all the documentation the organization generates for it's QMS, starting with the Quality Policy and then to the "required" documented procedures, and in 4.2.1d for example...

The basic need for 4.2.3 Control of Documents is just that, the defined mechanizm that if propery implemented and maintained would lead to effective control of all QMS related documentation....So when we audit and see that every document we ask for meets the criteria the organization has established for document control we can say that is is being done effectively. This holds true for every procedure, work instruction, policy, or whatever the organization uses because all of these things are nothing more tha the organization, stating in some formal structure, how it intends (plans) to do something, so the successful meeting of these provides us with evidence of effectiveness. What the needed to do they planned to do and they did it = effectiveness

The identification of effectiveness is actually one of the easiest things to determine in the course of an audit, but it is one of the things most frequently complicated by those who don't believe in or understand its simplicity.

Top Bottom