EFQM Business Excellence Model vs. ISO 9001 vs. Baldrige Award

R

Reg

EFQM Model vs. ISO 9001

WHY SOME ORGANISATIONS ADOPTED efqm MODEL INSTEAD OF ISO 9001?

WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCES OF ASSESSMENT ADOPTED BY EFQM MODEL AND ISO 9001?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I hadn't heard of the model before. I did visit www.efqm.org and looked around. I checked out the model briefly and it's pretty much the same stuff presented differently. I'm sure there are a lot of detail differences but in overview they're basically the same.

My own opinion is much of the value in either 'method' is positive and that the 'standard' is of little consequence in and of its self. To me ISO 9001 is simply good business sense. Going through implementation is the most important part - opening up the eyes to what is happening and the status of the company with respect to 'standard' good business practices.

One example of this is ISO 9001's 'Continuous Improvement' aspect. Now - there isn't a company out there that has competition which isn't continually improving. And I bet ISO auditors will have a field day with this.

It doesn't appear anyone had done an analysis (as has been done for ISO 9001 vs. Baldrige). If you end up doing one, we sure would like to know!

Sorry I can't help more.

A

Andy Bassett

Whoa whoa whoa

How did i miss this one. Allow me to throw in a few points. The EFQM Business Excellence Model is essentially based on the USA's Malcolm Baldridge Award. It was designed to try to help European Companies bridge the competitiveness gap with the USA.

I agree with Marc that both ISO 9000:2000 (not the old model) and the Business Excellence Model are both based on sound business principles.

Business Excellence has 9 major sections, of which ISO 9000 theoretically could fit into just one section 'Processes'. This gives you an idea of the scale of the difference.

Most companies tread something of a Quality Path, starting with ISO 9000, and then EMS 14000, then TQM and probably lastly Business Excellence.

You could go direct to Business Excellence, but you would need a very open minded and forward thinking Management Team (If you can find one they are probably flying on pigs, wearing hens teeth and sweeping up rocking horse dung).

I could go on forever, let me know if you want more info, i am an Ward Assessor for Business Excellence.

Regards

------------------
Andy B

Raffy

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi guys,
I had some questions to ask. Would it be possible to intergrate MBQNA to ISO 9001:2000, ISO14001 and ISO18001? Would it be a Integrated Quality Manual? Where would I start? Do i have to paraphrased the three standard? Or separate manual for each?
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.:thanx:
Best regards,
raffy:cool:

Top Bottom