Egan (Iniatitive) Report for Construction in the UK

G

gdn47

The Egan (Iniatitive) Report for Construction in the UK was requested by the then Deput Prime Minister, John Presscott. Sir John Egan produced the report in 1998. The general iniatitive was to promote quality assurance in the Construction industry. After the report a monitoring group was established to monitor a number of large construction projects against the KPI's chosen to reflect the report's intentions. I read an article about two years ago in Quality World concerning the monitoring results for the projects after 10 years. The general comment was that the projects that implemented quality management systems in accordance with ISO 9001 were proven to be much more profitable than those that did not. I am trying to find the monitoring report again but have not had much success. If anyone can help me with this I would be very grateful.

Edit add:

Rethinking Construction Group Ltd, 2002 - Rethinking Construction was initiated by the 1998 Egan Report to achieve exceptional improvements in the design, customer satisfaction and sustainability of the UK construction industry. This report offers an update on its progress from inception until 2002 as well as outlining strategy for the following two years and offering advice to potential membership organisations. UK

I have not been able to locate a copy of the 1998 Egan Report so I have no idea what is in it.

Marc

Attachments

• Rethinking Construction 2002.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 360
Last edited by a moderator:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
The Egan (Iniatitive) Report for Construction in the UK was requested by the then Deput Prime Minister, John Presscott. Sir John Egan produced the report in 1998. The general iniatitive was to promote quality assurance in the Construction industry. After the report a monitoring group was established to monitor a number of large construction projects against the KPI's chosen to reflect the report's intentions. I read an article about two years ago in Quality World concerning the monitoring results for the projects after 10 years. The general comment was that the projects that implemented quality management systems in accordance with ISO 9001 were proven to be much more profitable than those that did not. I am trying to find the monitoring report again but have not had much success. If anyone can help me with this I would be very grateful.

Edit add:

Rethinking Construction Group Ltd, 2002 - Rethinking Construction was initiated by the 1998 Egan Report to achieve exceptional improvements in the design, customer satisfaction and sustainability of the UK construction industry. This report offers an update on its progress from inception until 2002 as well as outlining strategy for the following two years and offering advice to potential membership organisations. UK

I have not been able to locate a copy of the 1998 Egan Report so I have no idea what is in it.

Marc

(broken link removed).

Stijloor.

G

gdn47

Thanks Marc and Stijloor, your information will be very useful. However the report that I read, in QW perhaps, was an update on the monitoring of selected projects after 10 years. A group has been set up either through UK Government or the CBI who have selected projects put forward by Clients. Some of these projects were implemented by Companies operating a Quality Management System (QMS) and others not doing so. The findings were overwhelmingly in favour of the Companies operating the QMS. I will keep trying to find this report and will post it if I am successful. Meanwhile if anyone has any contacts in this area I would appreciate your input very much.

Top Bottom