SBS - The best value in QMS software

Egypt Medical Device Registration: Only required for Sterile Medical Devices?

3l5m4r

Hi-

Quick question: I've found some information on medical device registration in Egypt on this website.

A (local) customer keeps telling me that medical device registration is only required for sterile devices (which we currently don't intend to market in Egypt). I've found no such information on said website (or anywhere else), however.
(It could be stated somewhere in Arabic, but I don't speak Arabic.)

Can we go ahead and market our non-sterile devices without registration?

(I'd be glad, if you could back up your answer with (ideally official) sources.)

-el5m4r

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

sreenu927

Quite Involved in Discussions
In Egypt, the regulating authority is Ministry of Health (MoH). Under MoH, there are DPPC - Drug Policy and Planning Center and CAPA - Central Administration of Pharmaceutical Affairs.
Egypt follows EU Classification of Medical devices.
DPPC is responsible for reviewing and approving Class I, IIa and IIb medical devices. These products can be sold while registration is under review.
Class III medical devices are registered at CAPA and can be sold only after receiving approval. CAPA also manages Sterile , Single-use devices regardless of classification.
Hope this helps!

Regards
Sreenu

tibon74

Involved In Discussions
Hi all,

What are documents needed for class I, IIa, IIb and III products ?
How much time it takes to het the approval ?
Thank you!

M

miken99

In the US, and I believe in Europe as well, regulators require UDI registration of all medical devices regardless of sterilization. It does not seem logical that they would have Egypt set up differently. This is intended to be a global effort to combat supply chain problems.

I would not market a device without approval. it could be a disaster for someone, maybe you. They have the power to make you recall all items, or worse.

tibon74

Involved In Discussions
In US it is required for class II and III. For class I it will be in 2018. UDI is not required fur Europe (expected in the new regulation). and I do not think that it is required for Egypt
My question was what are needed documents to approve medical devices (all classes) in Egypt.

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
My question was what are needed documents to approve medical devices (all classes) in Egypt.
Please refer to posts #2&3 above. I don’t believe you will find much more information online (other than, maybe, in Arabic), and so I think your best bet is a knowledgeable & reliable local.

tibon74

Involved In Discussions
Hi, the goal of this forum is to share information we have. I was able to get this kind of information for other countries thanks to Elsmar. The distribtors are not a reliable support. Their first goal is the business.
For your information, Eda site describs needed documents but a little bit confusing.

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
Hi, the goal of this forum is to share information we have. I was able to get this kind of information for other countries thanks to Elsmar. The distribtors are not a reliable support. Their first goal is the business.
For your information, Eda site describs needed documents but a little bit confusing.
That’s understood. Please let me clarify:

1. I was not protesting against your quest, nor trying to disuade you from looking / asking for this information. I merely expressed my feeling that in the current context Elsmar is already sort of depleted. This is based on my search for relevant threads, the number of people that have requested this kind of information here over the past years, and the almost complete lack of answers. I believe that if they were available they would have already been in our database. I know that it’s a little disappointing, given that more such information is available for other countries, but this database is in no way uniform. On some countries there is simply less information documented than on others.

2. I generally agree regarding distributors, but I wrote “knowledgeable and reliable local”, which doesn’t have to be a distributor. The important attribute is being Arabic (or Egyptian) literate. Have you tried to contact Emergo? What was the outcome, if you don’t mind sharing?

tibon74

Involved In Discussions
Thank you for your clarification. I agree that Elsmar was more efficient.
Emergo is very expensive (like other third parties) and should pay for everything

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Changing a Medical Device distributor in Egypt Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
R Clinical validation/investigation in Egypt - Medical Devices sevices that are not marked yet Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
X Egypt In Vitro Diagnostics Medical Devices Registration Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
3 Egypt: Multiple Registrations of the Same Product Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
B Register's Ownership in Iran, India, Jordan, Arab Saudi, Egypt Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 8
C ISO17020 Required to ship disposable "coveralls/overgarments" into Egypt General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
M Egypt is calling - Some Information about Egypt Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
T How do you think Egypt looks like?! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 21
Marc Cats - Egypt to Today - Scourge or 'Friend'? Pls - No More Cat recipes! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 100
L Medical device registration in Iran Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
P ISO 8 classified medical manufacturing room Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
H EU CE marking for Medical Device Class I EU Medical Device Regulations 0
A Medical Device Contract Manufacturer - Does the CM need to register with FDA? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
Brian Benzarti Medical Devices CLP Regulation Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
JoCam Certified QMS for MDR - Class I medical device manufacturers EU Medical Device Regulations 4
R Compatibility studies - Medicinal Product and Medical Device Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
K CE Marking Class 1 (Non sterile) medical device CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
J Medical Device Regulations in Lebanon? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
dgrainger Informational Medicines and Medical Devices Act 2021 UK Medical Device Regulations 0
J Calibration cycle for monitoring & measuring tools used in medical device manufacturing General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
S Medical Device MRI Compatibility EU Medical Device Regulations 3
M NICE Medical Technology Evaluation Programme - Recommendations Service Industry Specific Topics 0
A ISO 13485 for Class 1 Medical Device ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
R Components to a finished medical device, MDR requirements Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
J Warnings/Cautions in Medical Device IFU Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 4
L Medical device HIPAA compliance in encryption Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 1
A Sampling plan for in-process QC (medical devices) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 13
M V&V phase: Justification of acceptance criteria (statistical method ) - (Medical Device) Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
E Medical Device - CE marking - Local market notifications EU Medical Device Regulations 1
S Medical Device Registration in Qatar Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
B Specialized Medical Apparel Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
B Free Sales Certificate for Non Medical Devices Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
M Medical device substance based-leachables Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
K Usability for custom made medical devices IEC 62366 - Medical Device Usability Engineering 5
P Anyone have an Idea on UAE Medical device registeration- Class B with FDA only Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
F Mobile app regulations - Class II medical device 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
M What are the basics of Medical Device Single Audit Program (MDSAP)? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
dgrainger Informational MHRA - Regulating medical devices in the UK - Post Brexit - 2021-02 UK Medical Device Regulations 0
U Medical Device CE Marking - Using a disposable bearing CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
L Medical Device Registration in Macau Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
A Medical Device Registration in the Dominican Republic Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
Aymaneh Medical Device Cybersecurity Risk Management IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 2
S Medical watch Class II (AP Type CF) with USB connection IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 7
T B2C Medical Device Shipping across the US Other Medical Device Related Standards 0
M Medical Device Registration In Malaysia Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
N Adding unclassified product to the medical device registration US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
V Sister companies selling same medical device under different names ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
K CE Marking for Class I Medical Device? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 7
L Medical device storage conditions ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
F USB powered handheld medical device - Isolation requirements IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1