Electrical Engineering Group Audit Checklist

D

D.Scott

Electrical Checklist ??

I just had a request from our electrical engineering group for an audit checklist they can use in one of our remote facilities. They will be looking specifically at the equipment on the floor (and I assume how it is tied in).

Does anyone have a checklist for such a thing? I don't have a clue about electrical audits and am doing well if I can find the light switch.

Hmmmm - thought just occurred to me that they might be looking for an energy usage audit checklist. I will go clear that up with them but would appreciate all the help I can get here.

Thanks all.

Dave

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

D.Scott

I think there is something in a book I read somewhere that says something about knowing where you want to go before getting on the bus.

It turns out they would like to develop an internal safety inspection of our equipment dealing specifically with electrical. They are looking for a checklist they can use as a starting point. The intent seems to be to give the checklist to a technician who follows the checklist and adds items as the program develops.

At least I can start with the safety checklist and build from there.

Sorry for the bogus post but, if nothing more than to justify the addition of a new thread, I would appreciate insight from anyone who does electrical safety checks.

Thanks

Dave :ko:

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Would this include Lock-out/Tag-out? Or are you wanting to focus on whether circuits are grounded, whether eletrical boxes can be accessed by 'unqualified' personnel, etc? I've been trying to think of failure modes in electric safety but really can't think of too much.

D

D.Scott

With the help of some friends here at the Cove, I came up with a checklist that fits the needs of the department.

They wanted to look at the electrical influences of equipment as it effects the operator's safety. Not really an audit - more of an annual inspection.

I am attaching the checklist I came up with just in case anyone else ever has a need.

Thanks for the input.

Dave

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Design Review Checklist for an Electrical Engineering Consultancy Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
T Design Validation - Justifiable Exclusion for an Electrical Engineering Consultancy Design and Development of Products and Processes 11
R Electrical contractor Project Quality Management Plan Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
A Regulatory requirements for electrical cosmetic appliances US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
JoCam Mobile Patient Hoists and Electrical Testing Other Medical Device Related Standards 0
JoCam MDL in Canada without Canadian Electrical Testing Canada Medical Device Regulations 0
M Are Electrical Laparoscopic Surgical Devices ME equipment? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 8
J FDA wants electrical safety testing on battery powered medical device US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 11
J EN61010 Electrical Withstand Test IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 0
L IEC 62368-1 / Electrical Energy Source vs. Power Source? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
P Scope of application for IEC 60601-1-11 Medical electrical equipment — Part 1-11 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
F Electrical Metrology (Source/Generation and Measurement) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
B Marking of Medical Electrical equipment and accessories - Cl. 7.2.2 "Identification" and Cl. 7.2.4 "Accessories" IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
rezayatmand IEC 60601-2-18 Medical electrical equipment - Part 2-18: Particular requirements for the basic safety and essential performance of endoscopic equipmen IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
D Electrical Safety During Medical Device Development IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
M Routine testing of medical electrical systems - What specific electrical safety tests should be performed? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
D CB Certificate - Distributor for a product with electrical components CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
P Electrical Wiring Colours in Electrical Panel (Possibly EN 60446). Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
M Interesting Discussion Curious old drawings about electrical shock and safety IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
P CE Marking EN ISO 13849-1: Electrical Panel behind interlocked doors CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 9
M Informational USFDA – Medical Devices; Anesthesiology Devices; Classification of the Ventilatory Electrical Impedance Tomograph Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
A True purpose of doing EST (Electrical Safety Test) on medical device Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
S IEC 60601-1 Electrical safety testing - Dielectric Strength Test - 8.8.3 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
J IEC 60601-1 Electrical Safety testing - Class 1 ME externally powered - Earth resistance testing IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
E Multiple socket-outlets - Medical Device Electrical Equipment IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 12
G Electrical Safety standard for medical device not covered by IEC 60601 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
O EMC - EFT (Electrical Fast Transients) on SIP couples erroneously with other cable CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
K Is a 3V torch classified as medical electrical equipment needing EMI/EMC testing? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
R Room requirements for electrical tests in devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
R Electrical contact resistance testing in MIL-DTL-5541 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
C Electrical Power Plant Supply failure in PFMEAs FMEA and Control Plans 10
E Electrical safety (battery-powered medical device) EU Medical Device Regulations 1
JoCam Medical Device that is class II electrical and IEC 60601-1-11 EU Medical Device Regulations 5
T Requirements and standards for medical custom Electrical Connectors EU Medical Device Regulations 2
K Difference between Medical Electrical Equipment and Medical Equipment System IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
J CE Marking Requirements and IEC 60617 - Electrical Schematics Symbols CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
L Medical Device Electrical Safety Standards - Gap Analysis of Latest Revisions Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
L Canada Electrical Equipment Marking Language Requirements IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
F Power Cord Length Issue - Medical Device Electrical Safety IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
J Pneumatic & Electrical Torque Tool - Calibration/Verification of 'Power Tools' General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
M Electrical and Electromechanical Product CE Compliance with various Directives CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 22
S WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) and Diabetes Consumables RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 4
F Declaration of Conformity with Electrical & Electronic Medical Devices EU Medical Device Regulations 2
K Mandatory Electrical Safety Tests - Regular Production Line IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 9
V Suggest Packing Instructions for Electrical Control panel Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
V Production Documents for Electrical/Electronic OEM Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
L Electrical Class (Class I, II & III) vs. Medical Device CE marking Class I, II & III ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
O F-typed isolated barrier of medical electrical equipment IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
C Electrical Safety Markings for Medical Devices IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
M Not sure what standards apply to non-electrical patient bed EU Medical Device Regulations 6