Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory
Social Distancing - It's not just YOUR life - It's ALL of OUR lives!
Me <——————— 6 Feet ———————-> You

Electronic handwritten signatures for approvals - Signed with a Stylus or a Finger

racglobal

Involved In Discussions
Hi everyone,

I have read in this forum that some signatures apps allow one to sign electronically, but the signature does not fall under 21 CFR Part 11 because it's still handwritten if signed with stylus; this is equivalent to signing directly on paper. What if you sign with your fingers instead? is this now considered an electronic signature that falls under 21 CFR part 11 OR a handwritten signature that does not fall under 21 CFR Part 11? Please clarify.

JoshuaFroud

Involved In Discussions
I cannot provide you with any references to this, however, in my opinion there is no difference when using a pen, finger, stylus to draw a unique shape that represents a persons authorization. I would class all of these as a hand written signature.

Its once you get to the point of using "passwords" in place of that unique shape to be the signature that it becomes an electronic signature.

Top Bottom