Electronically Challenged

N

noboxwine

Greetings Cove Friends. I humbly come to thee, once again, maybe even stretching the limit of this thread a bit. Yet, you’ve never failed me so I will always stick with what works best. I am beginning to statistically evaluate key process data, yet still the old fashioned way-----keypunching from print outs into an Excel spreadsheet. However, Excel will give what I need. I know there is a way to send delimited ASCII code automatically and electronically from the measuring equipment directly into an Excel sheet. I have seen how well it works. Because I have slept since I saw this last, I am ignorant of the best way for this to happen. Is it an RS232 transfer into a giant Macro? A transfer module? At a loss I am and would greatly appreciate any assistance you may offer. Thanks very much and a splendid day to all.

:confused: :frust: :bigwave:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
R

Ravi Khare

It is done by using a keyboard wedge software that operates minimized on the task bar, and captures the data on the serial port. It then transmits the data to whichever application ( Excel, Word, Notepad, Custom SPC software) that is active. In this manner, it is possible to interface any measuring instrument with any MS Windows based software.

For details, please visit

<< Invalid URL Removed >>

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Test Report written by hand or electronically ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
B What to include on Controlled Documents that are managed Electronically? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
D Can a Registrar audit a location remotely (electronically) for ISO 9001 General Auditing Discussions 10
C Collecting SPC Data Electronically? CNC Lathes, CNC Mills and CNC Grinders Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
C Reducing paperwork and placing in Systems electronically - Electronic documents ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
J Does 21CFR11 only apply to records that are completed electronically? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 6
R Looking for Advice on ways to collect Inspection Data Electronically Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 7
W Control of Electronically Stored Documents Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
D Writing a procedure on how to store electronically (computer) generated records Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 1
N Interesting Discussion Murder mystery and mission creep - Challenged to eliminate scrap AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 27
M Has anyone successfully challenged the new IATF site extension change? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 36
J Should "process maps" be challenged? Does TS 16949 require process maps or not? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 19