Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory
Social Distancing - It's not just YOUR life - It's ALL of OUR lives!
Me <——————— 6 Feet ———————-> You

Eligibility for certification to IATF 16949 - Exclusions

morteza

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hello all,

In IATF 16949 Rules 5th ed. clause 1, it has stated that:
  • "Customer-specified production parts" shall be understood as parts that are an integral part of a vehicle. The only customer-specified parts that do not meet this requirement but are to be included are the following: fire extinguisher, car jacks and floor mats, owner's manuals, and warning triangles.
  • Specialty cars (i.e. race cars, dump truck, cab-trailer combo, semi-trailers cash carrying van, ambulances, recreational vehicles, etc.) are excluded unless it is "up fitted' by an IATF OEM. The suppliers for those parts become an integral part of these vehicles and are eligible for certification.
My questions are:

1- Is it correct that the manufacturers of fire extinguisher, car jacks and floor mats, owner's manuals, and warning triangles can not certified to IATF 16949?​
2- What is the meaning of "up fitted" by an IATF OEM which it makes the suppliers of parts for specialty cars (such as suppliers of parts for semi-trailers) eligible to IATF 16949 certification?​

Thanks all.

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Admin
1- Is it correct that the manufacturers of fire extinguisher, car jacks and floor mats, owner's manuals, and warning triangles can not certified to IATF 16949?
NO
It states that these which are not attached to the car ARE eligible
The only customer-specified parts that do not meet this requirement but are to be included are the following fire extinguisher, car jacks and floor mats, owner's manuals, and warning triangles.

Please note that reflective vest are now included
as per
Rules for achieving and maintaining IATF Recognition IATF Rules 5th Edition – Sanctioned Interpretations

In the FAQ rules 4th edition it states
If a passenger car (e.g. police car, etc.), a light commercial vehicle(i.e. cash carrying vans, ambulances, RV’s, etc.) or a heavy truck(e.g. dump truck, semi-trailers, etc.) is “up-fitted” (or customized) by an IATF OEM, then the suppliers for the parts becoming an integral part on these vehicles are eligible for ISO/TS 16949 certification.If the parts for the special cars are not directly specified by an IATF OEM, the relevant supply chain and the “up-fitters” are not eligible for ISO/TS 16949 certification

This might help to understand "up fitted"

Top Bottom