Elsmar Cove Anagrams

Tim Folkerts

Trusted Information Resource
It's amazing how many phrases can be made with a small set of letters, like "ELSMAR COVE".

CLEAR MOVES
When you have a problem, the Cove provides CLEAR MOVES to get back on track.

CEO MARVELS
Your CEO MARVELS at your brilliant insights when you use knowledge gained at the Cove.

SO CLEVER MA
I'm SO CLEVER, MA, for using this resource.

EVER SO CALM
At least when the moderators are doing their jobs.

MACRO ELVES
They magically provide answers to Excel questions.

ACME SOLVER
acme: "the highest point, as of achievement or development".

And a few others without comment...
LACE MOVERS
CAMELS ROVE
MORE CALVES
LOVES CREAM
CRAVE MOLES
CARVE MOLES
MERE VOCALS
COVER MALES

Tim F

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
I definitely do not want to get involved in a Scrabble game with you folks for anything other than good cheer!

Regardless whether you struggled over them, used software, or spun them out spontaneously, it is an awesome feat!

My own name converts to a comment about one of my home town baseball teams, describing them as having the characteristics of female sheep:
Ewey Cubs

Tim Folkerts

Trusted Information Resource
We're not necessarily that talented. I used http://wordsmith.org/anagram/ and I know there are other similar sites. It usually returns lots of "useless" anagrams (as if any of these are actually useful). The challenge is usually to find the "gems" among the duds. Often it has to resort to some uncommon words to complete the anagram.

Obviously the more letters you have and the more common the letters, the more combinations you get.
  • For ELSMAR COVE (with several "good" letters like E,S,A,R and only a couple tough lettters like C,V) it returned around 700-800 combinations.
  • For TIM FOLKERTS (which is a little longer but short on vowels) it found around 400-500
  • For WES BUCEY, (which is short and has several tough letters) it comes up with only 8 (but interestingly not the one Wes himself posted).
  • CUBES YEW (wooden blocks?)
  • CUBS WE YE
  • CUB SEW YE
  • CUB YES WE
  • CUB SEY WE
  • BUY SEC WE (preference in champaign?)
  • BY CUES WE (standing the the pool hall?)
  • BY CUE SEW
It can be fun to put in your own name or the name of your company and see what shows up.

The website also has their "hall of fame", including
  • Dormitory = Dirty Room
  • Clint Eastwood = Old West Action
  • Mother-in-law = Woman Hitler
  • Eleven plus two = Twelve plus one
  • George Bush = He bugs Gore
Plus dozens more....

Tim F

Top Bottom