EMC & Safety Testing of the product with the same Sr. No. for EC Declaration

Harsh

Involved In Discussions
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering for the EMC & Safety testing that for the testing is there any specific requirement to test the product with the same serial number for EC Declaration. I mean is it mandatory to have the same Sr. No. in all the test reports as these do not seem feasible to me in case we opt for multiple testing labs for testing the product.

For example, testing our products for the applicable 11 tests of EMC & EMI, we can send our product to two different labs simultaneously as one lab is accredited for testing according to 9 tests & another one for the two remaining tests. By opting for the method of sending multiple products simultaneously we can reduce the time of testing by a huge margin. I do want to confirm one thing that all the products which would be sent to the multiple labs must be identical when it comes to the internal & external components.

Please do let me know if any specific requirements are already present & I am missing those.

Thanks in advance.

CharlieUK

Quite Involved in Discussions
No reason at all - most companies use different samples as EMC testing generally requires more thorough operating modes and monitoring.

What is important is that you know the build state of each, as that is what is being tested (and perhaps certified)

Harsh

Involved In Discussions
Thanks, Mr. Charlie. That means there are not any current provisions or restrictions in the EMC & LVD directives & their harmonized standards regarding testing of single sr. no. product for EC declaration right?

CharlieUK

Quite Involved in Discussions
that's correct
You can perform compliance testing using as many samples as you like - there's no "cumulative effect" of the tests that needs to be assessed

Top Bottom