EMS (Environmental Management System) ISO 14001 Audit example wanted

P

Peter West

Hi All

I have searched around for this but could not find one on other posts or in the attachments.

I dont suppose anyone has a template, or an example of an audit for their EMS, that is compliant with 14001:2004 requirements?

I have created most of the other docs myself (manual, operationg procs, Aspects register etc) but currently have zero experience in auditing and would like a guide to follow ("re-using" the odd bit if its really good) for designing a workable audit.

Thanks a lot

Peter

Z

zancky

Re: EMS (Environmental Management System) Audit example wanted

If You are auditing not the system but if it works, I used this philosophy.
Every sentence in the procedure or in the operative instruction that use the verb "shall", e.g. the operator shall monitor..., will be changed to a question in the audit "do the operator monitor...?"

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin

Peter, this is a very big subject.

It comes with a price tag, but I suggest taking a course in ISO 14001 Lead Auditor. It would help you understand how to implement 4.5.5, and satisfy 4.4.2.

P

Peter West

I know. I am counting down the days till i can take a course. I only joined the company a couple of months ago and even though i have never touched this before they put me in charge of getting the company 14001 certified. They wont put me on a course until i have been with the company for 3 months so at the mo i run around blindly, trying to put things in place. Its very fun-ny !?!:mg::truce:

Thank you Marc, i will give that a look. I promise i did search but must be doing something wrong :bonk:

Thanks again all for your help.

harry

Trusted Information Resource

If you would like to have a look at an audit checklist (for some ideas), have a look at this - even though it is for EHS.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader

Thank you Marc, i will give that a look. I promise i did search but must be doing something wrong .
I can't say you did anything wrong. Searching is an art, and each place/software has different search characteristics. Searching using Google and searching using the vBulletin search engine are very different. The vBulletin search engine isn't a very good one, but once you learn how to use it it's OK.

P

Peter West

Wow, thank you all for help with that. I now understand what is needed and should have my audit example developed for the directors this weekend.:D:yes:

The links you have provided are excellent examples. Where would i be without the Cove.... up a certain creek me thinks.

:thanx:

M

marjtup

We have an integrated quality and environmental systems for the most part but we do still have 5 stand alone procedures for our environmental system. I audit that system 2 to 3 times each year but that is only because of the turn over we have had in the management of our EMS. The info that I have attached is the questions that I used during our last internal audit. They are based on our procedures but they also relate to the standard. If you click on the other tab in the workbook you will see some more specific questions that I asked during the last audit that relate to our business processes. Not sure if what I have attached will help you but here it is.

Attachments

• EMS Audit Questions Jan 2008.xls
    83 KB · Views: 958
M

Marty50

Harry, thats a great audit sheet.

Hope you don't mind if I borrow and leverage on it. I was about to design something myself but will now modify yours and put it in my companies colours and format.

They aleady have a safety and health audit which doesnt quite fit 4801 so my eventual aim is to integrate this modified audit form into their existing one and change that to more suit 4801.

Hopefully then when they go out to a site to audit the one person will bring back info to cover both standards.

Thankyou for sharing.

:thanx:

Top Bottom