EMS Implementation and ROI + Book Question - Selling EMS to Management

T

telstar

1. Are there any good articles out there relating to EMS implementation and Return on Investment (ROI)? In other words, how do we sell EMS to the financial folks so that we get the $$$?

2. Can anyone please tell me if the book "EMS: Quick and Easy" published in 2007 by ASQ Press is worthwhile to purchase?

Thanks.

T

Ted Schmitt

Re: EMS Implementation and ROI + Book Question

1. Are there any good articles out there relating to EMS implementation and Return on Investment (ROI)? In other words, how do we sell EMS to the financial folks so that we get the $$$?

2. Can anyone please tell me if the book "EMS: Quick and Easy" published in 2007 by ASQ Press is worthwhile to purchase?

Thanks.

I´m not an ISO 14001 expert, but a good selling point would be the control of impacts on the environment that your organization might cause... controlling them could avoid heavy fines or even having your organization shut down...

I guess it really depends on what your organization does... if you´re a Mom and Pop accounting firm, your impacts could be consumption of paper, electricity and water, now if you are a chemical company, your impacts are a little more severe.... risks of polluting rivers, lakes, atomosphere etc...

harry

Trusted Information Resource

.....EMS implementation and Return on Investment (ROI)?

I am not sure if you get your priorities or the spirit of EMS right. EMS implementation is a voluntary effort to show your love and care for the environment. Not something to be measured with dollars and cents.

My :2cents:

Jemos

Starting to get Involved

First check what are the impacts that relate to your activities. On the basis of the impacts you may be able to see where you can achieve some savings e.g energy utilization. Also you may be penalised in case of lack of legal compliance. This can be able to guide you in terms of return on investment.

Randy

Super Moderator
You'll find more here for free than in any book that just regurgitates already digested subject matter.

The finacial aspects of EMS have been discussed time and again with myself being a major backer of ROI realization. If you look through the history of the 14001 Forum you'll find lots of stuff I'll bet.

Top Bottom