En 550/554 - The European Commission Standards Harmonization

A

Aaron Lupo

Well I figured I would start here and see what happens. Does anyone out there know anything about EN 550/554, they are Validation and Routine Control of Sterilization by Moist Heat and Ethylene Oxide Sterilization. I have asked our Registrar for a checklist of what they audit to and they do not have one. Does anyone out here have one or know where I could find one. I am in the process of developing one and would like others to look at for ideas.:smokin:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
R

RosieA

Hey ISO Guy,

I realize that this is coming a little late for your project, but...maybe it'll help someone else.

I used to be in the medical devices field and used BSI for both ISO 9000 and the MDD CE Mark. The guidance I got from them was to pick the appropriate standards for what I was making, using the hierarchy of EN standard first, International standard second, National standard third, and Industry standrd last. From that I put together an appropriate list for my business.

When looking for EN standards, here's the web site I used most frequently to get the harmonized EN standards for each of the medical device directives:
*** DEAD LINK REMOVED ***

When there were no harmonized standards on a particular subject, I frequently got very good direction from the FDA's DSMA helpline.

Europa is a very good site for EU issues.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G EtO Sterilization - DIN/EN 550 - ISO 11135 Other US Medical Device Regulations 20
I The Status of EN 550 and Whether it will be Replaced Soon by ISO 11135 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
Marc Honda Selects Indiana for $550 Million Assembly Plant World News 6
M Electrical calibration using Fluke 550 SC300 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
H European requirements for rechargeable Lithium-ion batteries going to be used in Electronic Pipette CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
H Audit Checklist for European Authorized Representative EU Medical Device Regulations 0
H Regarding confusion of the validity of the European implementation of IEC standards Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
C European Technical File for registration in Australia CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
P European Medical Device Nomenclature (EMDN) and CND EU Medical Device Regulations 13
B European Harmonized vs IEC standard IEC 62366 - Medical Device Usability Engineering 2
P Requirements for being an European Representative EU Medical Device Regulations 3
P Best european location to set up for a virtual medical device manufacturer? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
A European UDI-DI CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
F How to register class I device to all European Competent Autorities(CA) when we are European manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 4
dgrainger Medical Device News MDR postponed - link to Official Journal of the European Union (24-4-2020) EU Medical Device Regulations 2
P European versions of standards - ISO 10993-1 and ISO 11607-1 EU Medical Device Regulations 6
shimonv Recall - Is there a European regulation for recalls of products EU Medical Device Regulations 4
atitheya Need of conducting medical trials in European Union EU Medical Device Regulations 2
P ISO 10993-1:2018 - When will the European equivalent become a Harmonized Standard? Other Medical Device Related Standards 13
M Informational TGA – European implementation of Medical Device and IVD Regulations – Implications for Australia Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational EU – Guidance document Implant Card relating to the application of Article 18 Regulation (EU) 2017/745 of the European Parliament and of the Council o Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
M Informational European Commission expert panels on medical devices and in vitro diagnostic devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Marc European universities dismal at reporting results of clinical trials - 2019 Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
M Informational Medtech Europe – Open letter to the European Commission on the implementation and readiness status of the new Medical Device Regulation (MDR) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational Technology and innovation of human implants | Panel for the Future of Science and Technology (STOA) | European Parliament Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational EU – Draft Functional specifications for the European Database on Medical Devices (Eudamed) – First release (High(1)) to be audited Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
moounir Medical Device Nomenclature - Free of Charge? (European Union MDR MDR 2017/745) EU Medical Device Regulations 7
M Informational EU – Questions And Answers Related To The United Kingdom’s Withdrawal From The European Union With Regard To Industrial Products Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
N European Authorised Representative (also called Authorized Representative) - Cost competitive recommendation EU Medical Device Regulations 1
Marc Regulation (EU) 2017/745 of the European Parliament EU Medical Device Regulations 13
J Medical Device Registration in Argentina - Client asks us to provide “European FSC” Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
S CE ETA (A2) Audit - CE mark for the european construction market CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
N Will an FDA UDI be compatible with a European MDR UDI? EU Medical Device Regulations 7
M Medical Device News MedTech Europe - European Parliament further clarifies Commission proposal on HTA for medical technologies EU Medical Device Regulations 0
W Sale medical device to European Hospitals Hospitals, Clinics & other Health Care Providers 1
R Brexit - European Commission - The impact of the Brexit per March 29, 2019 EU Medical Device Regulations 3
E European Weld Callouts - Confused with the "/C" and the "a2" portions Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 7
H European Pharmacopoeia First Identification Requirements Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
Q IVD vs EMC OJ (Official Journal of the European Union) Harmonised Standard Conflicts EU Medical Device Regulations 1
S Medical Device Registration & Technical Format/Template - European Union CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 8
L ISO 13485 and European GMP ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
E European Regulations defining the terms Repair and Refurbish EU Medical Device Regulations 5
Marc Definition PEPPOL - Pan-European Public Procurement Online Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 0
J Label translation requirements for EU (European Union) EU Medical Device Regulations 3
U What if UK leaves EU? What will happen to European Authorized representative in UK? EU Medical Device Regulations 22
rob73 New MDD (European Medical Device Regulations) next steps - 2016 EU Medical Device Regulations 1
E I'm looking for old publications of European Quality in pdf Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
F What is the European UDI implementation timeline? EU Medical Device Regulations 3
K May 16 2014 Official Journal of the European Union Publication - 60601-2-33 EU Medical Device Regulations 3
M Overview of European Regulations of Medical Device Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 12