EN 61000-4-6 changes from 2008 (3rd ed.) to 2013 (4th ed.)

occounty

Involved In Discussions
The fourth edition of EN 61000-4-6 just came out a few months back, does anybody have idea about the differences between the two editions.

IEC claims that fourth edition is a technical revision over third edition and list the changes with respect to following aspects:

- use of the CDNs;
- calibration of the clamps;
- reorganization of Clause 7 on test setup and injection methods;
- Annex A which is now dedicated to EM and decoupling clamps;
- Annex G which now addresses the measurement uncertainty of the voltage test level;
- and informative Annexes H, I and J which are new.

Does anybody any more details about these changes?

CharlieUK

Quite Involved in Discussions
The IEC version came out a few months back, I think the EN has only just been published last week.

You appear to be asking lots of detailed questions about the EMC standards from a point of view of performing the tests, rather than complying with the Directives.

This interest is typically more limited to test houses performing the actual tests, than manufacturers complying with product standards.

If you need the level of detail you are after, you would probably be advised to purchase copies for detailed study. They can be purchased quite cheaply from http://www.evs.ee/

Charlie

occounty

Involved In Discussions
Yes I am looking for details form testing of view and from compliance with EMC directives point of view too.

There are usually documents which will summarize the differences between editions of standard/s.

I was interested in knowing if there are any technical revisions that were done to 4 th ed of EN 61000-4-6 and if there are any, what are they.

:thanks:

Top Bottom