Engineering Cartoon: As Designed, As Built to What Customer Receives

Randy

Super Moderator
I've been searching the net like crazy looking for an old cartoon that I can incorporate into a powerpoint presentation. I've got a very bad copy that doesn't go through a scanner real well.

What I need is the cartoon that involves a tire swing wanted by a kid and all the different variations through Sales, Engineering, Legal, Advertising and so on.

I appreciate whatever comes.
:bigwave:

A

Al Dyer

Randy,

You might try to look for any "Calvin" toons, there are quite a few with him on a tire that you could use.

Al...

E

energy

I know the one.

The one I saw was a Government cartoon back when there was DCAS, DPRO, etc.. I'll check my cache for a better copy.
:ko: :smokin:

D

db

tire swings

I'm not sure if that is the one Randy (who did not get one vote for POY!) is looking for, but as I was reading his post, your cartoon is what I thought of.

Just like Dilbert, just enough reality to make you think!

E

energy

Re: tire swings

db said:

I'm not sure if that is the one Randy (who did not get one vote for POY!) is looking for, but as I was reading his post, your cartoon is what I thought of.

Just like Dilbert, just enough reality to make you think!

db,

There is no doubt in this military mind that this is the cartoon of which Randy has searched for. And, if he's nice to me, I'll put it into a Powerpoint Presentation for him so they he can just add the slides to his existing collection. Not bad for someone who is genetically excluded from Mensa registration. It took all of 5 minutes to do search for Tire Swing on the Internet. Sometimes, you have to break out of that Silo. :vfunny: Stay tuned! Oh, sometimes I can just join the crowd that can't stand myself!:ko: :smokin:

D

db

Oh, sometimes I can just join the crowd that can't stand myself!

And that is why you are one everyone's list of favorites (targets that is). :biglaugh:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Captured... The captions (departments) change with the industry, but this thing has been around since I was in my early 30's, at least...

Attachments

• tire swing.jpg
    tire swing.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 676

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Here's another 'Old as dem der hills' comic from my military manufacturing days. I used to really like it and thought it was funny until I found that it is often so true in real life...

QC Cops, as it were...

Attachments

• qc_turrent.jpg
    qc_turrent.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 429
A

Al Dyer

Marc,

Didn't you used to have that posted as part of the old cove, or am I hallucinating again?:bigwave:

Top Bottom