Engineering Change Management Generic Procedure

M

MMINT

Hello,

I have been researching this process and being very new to it I am getting a bit confused at times. We are a manufacturing facility that produces our own line of IBOP's and Safety Valves for the oilfield. Would anyone have a generic procedure that I could take a look at and hopefully clear this up for me? I know that it is a fairly legnthy process with the ECO, ECN, Implementation, ect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

R

Randy Lefferts

Re: Engineering Change Management

Hi MMint,

Using the "Post Attachment List" link at the top of the page (next to the lighthouse) I performed a couple of searches.

Searching "Change" yielded this.

Searching "Engineering Change" yielded this.

Searching "ECO" returned this. Quite a few documents listed since the word "Record" contains eco. There was an ECO checklist contained in the list that might be helpful.

Finally, searching for "ECN" resulted in this.

Hope this helps some.

M

MMINT

Re: Engineering Change Management

Thank you. I am new to this searching in a forum thing. I will read through it and hopefully I can find a whole procedure that someone posted and that way I would be able to use it as a template for our business.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Hello,

I have been researching this process and being very new to it I am getting a bit confused at times. We are a manufacturing facility that produces our own line of IBOP's and Safety Valves for the oilfield. Would anyone have a generic procedure that I could take a look at and hopefully clear this up for me? I know that it is a fairly legnthy process with the ECO, ECN, Implementation, ect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Nine years ago, I wrote this following post (note the link to a sample form.) Not much has changed in the intervening years Quote:
All our Engineering Change Orders (to pass muster with the FAA) go through a process to determine the "impact" of the change. I redacted a computer form (to remove company ID) and printed it to show the checklist we consider for the process. Some changes have little or no impact and are dealt with accordingly. Others may have great impact and go through a process similar to a new design.

A non-impact change might be "changing fasteners in a non-user-accessible portion of a device from phillips head to star drive to accommodate assembly machines." It is important to note there is a point where the change is so drastic, it is no longer viable to consider it a change, but a new design, effectively obsoleting the original design.

I hope this helps you put your own changes into proper perspective and to help you form a "justification" when you do not go through a new verification and validation of the revised design.

Any questions about the form can be addressed in this thread. Attached Files: 1. Scan for viruses before using, 2. Please report any 'bad' files by Reporting this post, 3. Use at your Own Risk.
doc.gif
generic ECO.doc (37.5 KB, 2895 views)

Top Bottom