Engineering ECR (Engineering Change Request) and ECN (Eng Change Notice) Procedures

W

wsoconnell

I am looking to start an ECN and ECR system in a small company and would like some feed back for procedures to use now, what should I be planning for in the future, and some basic forms to use. Thank you

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Re: Enginering ECR and ECN Procedures

I am looking to start an ECN and ECR system in a small company and would like some feed back for procedures to use now, what should I be planning for in the future, and some basic forms to use. Thank you
Welcome to the Cove, wsoconnel! :bigwave:

We have had discussions on these topics before. Please scroll down to the bottom to see some related conversations or, for more detailed results, use the Search feature located in the top right of the screen.

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: Enginering ECR and ECN Procedures

Hello wsoconnell,

In addition to RCBeyette's excellent advice:
  • Look at this post + attachment ECR.
  • And this post + attachment ECN.
Boths posts + attachments may give you some ideas.

Stijloor.

T

tranthanhtam20990

Re: Engineering ECR (Engineering Change Request) and ECN (Eng Change Notice) Procedur

Hi,
I have ECN form but I need other form for tracking and assest the result of ECN implemented from each concern process in our factory. Our factory product is PCB.

Thanks,

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Class 1 Medical Device ECR (Engineering Change Request) Changes 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
N Engineering Changes (ECR, ECO, ECN) and how they should be Structured Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
Q ECR (Engineering Change Request) or NCR (Nonconformance Report) in Fabrication? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
Q Filtering ECR/ECO by quality management? Managing Engineering Changes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
M Formula for Prioritizing Engineering Change Requests (ECR)? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
Q ECR?s (Engineering Change Requests) in Engineering? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
T From ECR (Engineering Change Request) to ECN (Engineering Change Note) - double work! Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
9 ECR (Engineering Change Request) process - Please critique / review Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
M Engineering Change Request/Order (ECR/ECO) or Document Change Request/Order (DCR/DCO) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 30
K When to use an Engineering Change Request (ECR) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
O ECN (Engineering Change Notice) to ECR (Change Request) Database with Email Report Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
U Advice on Engineering Change Request (ECR) software Software Quality Assurance 4
sardonyx ECR (Engineering Change Request) Flowchart - Is this a work instruction Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
G Engineering Change Request (ECR) / Notice (ECN) - Seeking Example Forms Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 21
Marc Engineering Technician - X-ray Imaging - Suspense 30 Nov 2020 Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 0
Revision36 Engineering Change Order Industry Standards Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
D ECO (Engineering Change Order) process questions ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
R Do we need issue ECN (Engineering Change Notice) towards updated Material Specification? Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
A Quality engineering positions in US - question Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 1
D Engineering Change Order (ECO) metrics to track ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
J UCLA extension Medical Device Engineering Program Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
G Engineering retest in line - Machine stability issues IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
A FDA and NB audit of Engineering Drawings in DHF and DMR. Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
I Good resources for learning statistics (quality engineering related) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 10
B Lessons Learned Implementing ISO 50001 (Chemical Engineering Progress) Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
G Engineering Specifications - APQP APQP and PPAP 5
O Vendor vs Engineering Document Control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
C E signatures on Engineering Change Notes AS9100 / AS9116 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
Icy Mountain Engineering Change Order...Modification Order Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 18
jjmusicjr Implementing Machine Replacement Part Reverse engineering technology Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
T Why do most companies have Quality reporting to Engineering or Operations and not to CEO? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 45
I Document templates required for ISO ISO 45001 - Engineering Construction company Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 5
R The alignments and contradiction in Quality Engineering and management between the Automotive and Aerospace industry AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
D Engineering Drawing Review and Approval Requirements ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
V Thinning percentage in sheet metal forming per SES (Suzuki Engineering Standard) Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
P Usability/human factors engineering requirement (standard) for IVD medical device Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
R Creating WIs for a Heavy Civil Engineering Services company Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 19
S Ballooned Drawings and Engineering Changes Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
P Tactics to work with Design Engineering on CAR Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
D Are detailed engineering requirements Design Inputs or Design Outputs 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 14
2 First Article Requirements for Revision Changes of Engineering AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
S Engineering change order versus a design change request ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
C Applicability of ISO 9001:2015 Section 8.5 - Engineering company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
T Setting up a quality department in an Engineering Firm Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 11
C ISO 9001 2015 Documentation for Engineering and Design ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
I Engineering Drawing = Record or Document? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
G ISO 9001:2015 8.3 Design and Development (in Civil Engineering) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
G FAI (First Article Inspection) Responsibility - QC or Engineering? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
Q M-282 - Engineering Standard for Tolerances - Is it ASTM, DIN? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
L Supplier Revision Confirmation of Received Engineering Documents ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2