Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Engineering Specifications - APQP

GunLake

Involved In Discussions
Hello, Thank you guys for your help so far.
Doing my first APQP and need some help.

They're asking for Engineering Specifications.
Task Description - Engineering Specifications (AIAG APQP Manual - Element 2.7)
A detailed review and understanding of the controlling specifications will help the Product Quality Planning Team to identify the functional, durability and appearance requirements of the subject component or assembly. Sample size, frequency, and acceptance criteria of these parameters are generally defined in the in-process test section of the Engineering Specification. Otherwise, the sample size and frequency are to be determined by the supplier and listed in the control plan. In either case, the supplier should determine which characteristics affect or control the results that fulfill meeting functional, durability, and appearance requirements.

Benefits of Task:
Understanding of specifications that control substrate condition, cosmetics, performance criteria, etc.

Expectations/Examples of Objective Evidence:
To confirm supplier has received and understands all applicable specifications:
- The list of specifications (and revisions of each) need to be loaded into this element's note field.
- In addition, the Supplier must upload copies (objective evidence) of supplier documents used to define conformance to all applicable controlling specifications. ***Note: By uploading this info you are agreeing to meet the specifications - unless otherwise noted on the print***
- Any concerns and/or discrepancies need to be documented on the drawing.

Does anyone have a template, Couldn't locate one. Also not sure on what exactly they're looking for here, Is this just a fancy way of saying Control Plan?

Thanks in advance,

Last edited:

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
The best way to find things here is the Search link at the top of the forum, or using the site:elsmar.com prefix in any search engine.

The Xenforo software search engine (as with almost all forum software) pretty much sucks.

The link I gave you is for customer engineering specs, but it's the same for you.

More "food for thought" attached.

Attachments

GunLake

Involved In Discussions
The best way to find things here is the Search link at the top of the forum, or using the site:elsmar.com prefix in any search engine.

The Xenforo software search engine (as with almost all forum software) pretty much sucks.

The link I gave you is for customer engineering specs, but it's the same for you.

More "food for thought" attached.

Thank you, Reading through that now.

GunLake

Involved In Discussions
After reading through some stuff, I think i know what theyre looking for, Just not how to put it on paper. Trying to find a template in excel or word now.

Top Bottom