Ensuring Current Revision

C

C Emmons

During our transition to the new ISO 9k2k - we have decided to do away with our "paper" quality system and put our manuals online - is it acceptable to put a disclaimer at the bottom of the page stating Obsolete 24 hours after print - access current revision on-line?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
C,

What "manuals" do you intend to put on-line? Just the Quality Policy Manual, or other things like work instructions also?

Who will be the user(s)? Why and how often will they need a printed copy?

In general, Jim's idea of checking ther paper copy rev. against an on-line master sounds good IF the paper users can get access to the on-line master. They could just look at the Windows directory for the latest revision for a given document and compare it to their paper copy rev.

I guess I need more detail to understand your needs.

C

C Emmons

Actually we are putting all on line, policy manual, procedures, and work instructions. To be honest about it, work instructions we be accessed more than the rest. The main reason I am doing it is the amount of time it takes to keep up a paper system with 20 different facilities.

K
When I started here the system was the disclaimer on the bottom something to the effect of valid only on date printed. My first audit pointed out to the Quality Manager (he wouldn't listen before) how many documents were used/completed over a period of days/weeks, just on the manufacturing floor. Now the disclaimer requires verification with the soft copy. I'm still not thrilled with it because of a lack of "objective evidence" of said verification. However, when asked, al the techs know where and how to verify a document. Best I can do so far.

As an aside, one of our other facilities is registered to 1994, has the print date disclaimer, and has never been questioned by the auditor although I have been there and frequently seen "out of date" procedures being used. It seems that they print everything new the day of the audit.:rolleyes:

C

C Emmons

I like the idea of the print date - My MIS department was looking at an easy way to do it. Thank you to all for your adivce

C

C Emmons

Jim Wade said:

Hi again Cindy

I note that your business is a pickup and delivery service.

Will all the people who need work instructions to do their jobs be able to access them electronically immediately they need them?

rgds Jim
No. I have Driver and Dock Work Instruction Boards at each facilty with protected copies posted. All of the dock and drivers are aware of where they are posted if needed.

C

C Emmons

Jim Wade said:

That sounds like a great way to handle things, Cindy - and thanks for not pointing out how dumb my question was!

What I don't understand is the significance of your remark that "work instructions will be accessed more than the rest".

How so?

rgds Jim
We have an admin office - and 20 terminals - in the terminals is where most of the task level processes are performed, plus more likely to have more new people. The policies and procedures seem to serve managment and not so much everyone else. We want everyone to be aware, and understand what is in them -but they really dont use policy and procedure much at that level.

M

M Greenaway

C E

Our disclaimer says that the printed copy is uncontrolled - your approach also sounds fine to me so long as the copies show the print date (obvious I know).

E Wall

Just Me!
Super Moderator
Looks like we do pretty much same thing...

This is what we have put in the footer of all our online docs (QM/procedures/specs/work instructions/etc...

The master document is controlled electronically.
Printed copies of this document are NOT CONTROLLED.
Quality Document Users are responsible for ensuring printed documents are valid prior to use.
8/19/02 1:08 PM

The date and time stamp are automatic.

C

C Emmons

Re: Looks like we do pretty much same thing...

E Wall said:

This is what we have put in the footer of all our online docs (QM/procedures/specs/work instructions/etc...

The master document is controlled electronically.
Printed copies of this document are NOT CONTROLLED.
Quality Document Users are responsible for ensuring printed documents are valid prior to use.
8/19/02 1:08 PM

The date and time stamp are automatic.
Thank you all for your advice suggestions. I spoke with my MIS guy - he is going make the date and time stamp automatic and I am placing a footer on all documents.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F ISO 17025:2017 Clause 7.7 Ensuring the validity of results - Threshold ISO 17025 related Discussions 9
U ISO 17025:2017 Clause 7.7 Ensuring the Validity of Calibration Results ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
Q Any good Checklists for ensuring SOPs cover ISO 13485:2016 and 21CFR 820? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
E AS9120B 8.4.2a Ensuring external providers remain within control of the QMS AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
H On choosing touchscreen displays and ensuring IEC 60601 compliance IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 6
M Complying with AS9100 D Section 8.4.3 m. Ensuring that persons are Aware of... AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 22
A Ensuring Tooling Use Tracking and Traceability AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
S Ensuring Print Dimensions are in Control Plans, WI's and Receiving Inspection Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
M Ensuring Continuous Quality Raw Materials from Suppliers Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 8
S Ensuring Randomness in Collecting Chicken Samples for Microbiological Testing Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
V Ensuring Improvement and Handling Change FMEA and Control Plans 4
V What are the Steps in Ensuring a Definition/Implementation of an Effective Procedure Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
J ISO 28002 for ensuring resilience throughout the Supply Chain Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 1
D ISO 9001 - Responsibilities of Top Management in ensuring availability of resources ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
S Design Trace Matrix Ensuring that Design Outputs meet Design Inputs wanted 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
T Best way of ensuring compliance with regulations as opposed to standards Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 3
A Ensuring Corrective and Preventive Action Reports that contribute to Efficiency? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
A ISO TS 16949 Certification Rules - Ensuring that all ISO/TS aspects has been audited IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
J VDA 2 Ensuring the quality of deliveries - Where I can purchage an english version? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 2
L Ensuring All Employees Comply To Company Quality Requirements Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
J Ensuring contractor competency - 4.4.2 Training, awareness, and competency Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 26
C Ensuring Documents of External Origin are Identified and Distribution Controlled ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
W Regarding Requirement for Hi pot & Leakage Current test Station Set-up IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 6
S Forced ServiceNow validation - No change in our current user and functional requirements IT (Information Technology) Service Management 6
W Need for current design or process control FMEA and Control Plans 2
A Earth leakage current test for Permanently installed Large scale MEE IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
E Best way to keep up with pharmaceutical quality knowledge and current affairs Service Industry Specific Topics 1
T Iec 60601 Impedance and current-carrying capability IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
M Informational TGA – Current status of breast implant products in Australia Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
F Proficiency Testing for ISO 17025: AC Current Ranges ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
A Touch current in single fault conditions test and earth leakage current in normal conditions test, are they really different tests? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 8
T Tests IEC 60601-1 - Grounding Resistance, Leakage Current and Dielectric Rigidity in an automated way IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
S Calibration - Isolated current meter - Measuring patient auxiliary leakage current Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 4
Q Raising A CAPA on Current CAPA system US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
A SPC for Eddy Current Testing Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 28
A Adding Remote Site to Current IATF 16949 Certification IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
S Leakage Current test and Dielectric strength for Battery operated ECG device? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
M Leakage current measurement with non-frequency-weighted device IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
A QMS - Medical Device - New company under a current one ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
E IEC 60335-1 leakage current measurement Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
K Questions on Technical File to show it is current EU Medical Device Regulations 5
H IS there any database for list of CE marked Medical devices and there current status EU Medical Device Regulations 8
B Mains fuses and OVER-CURRENT RELEASES IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
P Adding an additional distributor to a current Mexico Medical Device Registration Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
M IEC 60601-1 and Active Current Protection Requirements IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
M Testing a Low Current (Battery) DC Medical Device Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
D Referencing Standards in Procedures - Current version or actual? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
I Curious if a List of Current Standards Revisions Exsists Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
C Touch Current for Exposed Charging Contacts on Bodyworn Medical Device IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
R Current version of EN62304/A1 IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5