SBS - The best value in QMS software

Environment Awareness Training

A

Aussie Jeff

Hello all,

I am trying to source any information that I may be able to use in preparing an “Environmental Awareness” training package for our staff.

Any resource material that you feel could be useful would be appreciated. Power point presentations, video’s, links to sites with interesting and useful information anything at all......

Not looking for anything overly specific, just looking to raise awareness of the environment within our organisation.

Thanks Jeff.
:thanx:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
S

samsung

Hi Aussie Jeff,

Here is a very good movie 'Story of the Stuff' on environmental awareness that I posted sometimes ago. This is free to download.

Attached is a good ppt presentation (from the EPA resource) which you can use to raise EMS awareness of your staff.

I would also advise you to use the Al Gore's movie 'An inconvenient Truth' to sensitize the people to be concerned about the growing threats of global warming and perceived climate change. I don't have the English version of this movie. However, one Hindi version of this movie (with English subtitles) prepared for Govt. of India is available here for free download (for the purpose of public awareness).

Hope you find it useful.

Attachments

P

PotentCompoundSafety

Back in the early 1990s there was a series on I believe PBS tv called "Race to Save the Planet." Great series and covered hazardous wastes management, air pollution, deforestation, etc. I've used bits and pieces of it in environmental training.

A

Aussie Jeff

Morning all,

Thank you for your responses to date:

Samsung - what a great link, thanks. Have you actually used the movie “Story of Stuff” in any of your training? If yes what was the target market and how was it accepted? And I am sure that I will be able to use portions of the power point presentation in one that I am working on.

Harry - I did have a look at the power point presentation and again I am sure that I will be able to use a fair bit of it in the power point that I am working on. Thank you for posting the link.

Potent Compound Safety - I have a vague recollection of the series when it was on TV - do you have any ideas where I might source “previews” of each of the episodes?? Or maybe free downloads of the whole episode?

Thanks for those responses and I look forward to the possibility that there may be some further responses.

With thanks
Jeff

S

samsung

Morning all,

Samsung - what a great link, thanks. Have you actually used the movie “Story of Stuff” in any of your training? If yes what was the target market and how was it accepted? And I am sure that I will be able to use portions of the power point presentation in one that I am working on.
Yes, I did use both the linked movies in our training programmes aimed at environmental awareness covering people from all the target groups - top management to shop floor workers & contractors in the plant and special target groups in the township were school children & house ladies since they are the major consumers of the (unnecessary) 'stuff'. Our marketing and purchasing sections have also used the movie 'Story of Stuff' couple of times during their major meets with suppliers. There was a tremendous positive response from the people all around. And indeed I can see a visible change in people's attitude towards environmental concerns. And I am sure soon we will see measurable level of improvement especially in the use of packaged items, fast food, plastics, paper, petrol & electricity, water etc. both in plant and township through use of good practices.

Just to share with you, last year (09-10) we achieved 17% reduction in the consumption of paper & colour printer cartridges that we use in our offices. Similarly, there was 21% reduction in water consumption in plant and even 4% in township as well. I don't say that it's all because of the increased level of awareness that we created in our people but despite all, it does have some impact in changing their attitude and behaviour with which they used to look at these resources. What I do feel is that the people must be made aware of the environmental cost of the stuff they use and dispose off. One of the ways to monitor the effectiveness of the changes in people's attitude is to use the 'Carbon Footprint Calculators' (a lot of them are freely available online) to get some approximation.

I wish you all the best in your efforts towards this noble cause.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Promotional Campaign for Environment Awareness Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 23
Sidney Vianna Informational ESG - Environment, Social & Governance issues gaining ground in the Business World Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 0
L Job Aids for administrative staff in GLP environment Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
N Medical Devices in oxygen rich environment IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
A IEC 60601 11.2.2.1 Risk of Fire in an Oxygen Rich Environment, Source of Ignition IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
D Controlled Environment requirements Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
K What is mean by Oxygen Rich Environment as per the IEC 60601-1 clause no 11.2.2 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
D Infrastructure: Equipment, Work Environment and Contamination Control ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
F Hi friends, can anyone show me an example of a procedure for ISO 13485 6.4.1 Work Environment? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
M Informational US FDA draft guidance – Testing and Labeling Medical Devices for Safety in the Magnetic Resonance (MR) Environment Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
P IEC 60601 11.2.2 - Oxygen Rich Environment sources of ignition IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
B Practical ideas for information labelling in healthcare environment IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 2
I CAP/CLIA Environment - Part 11 Compliance Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 3
G Infrastructure and Environment for the operation of processes (ISO 9001 7.1.3 & 7.1.4) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M Informational DITTA White Paper on Cybersecurity: Best Practices in the Medical Technology Manufacturing Environment Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Oxygen enriched environment applicability - Operating table used in general surgeries in hospital IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
I Documents for Manufacturing Environment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
L PC in patient environment - BF applied part that uses USB to connect to PC IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 9
M AS9100d (section 7.1.3) example of compliance in machine shop environment. AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
G ISO 17025 - Requirement to Monitor Environment ISO 17025 related Discussions 10
T Exxon - Environment Information - Climate Change - Wait and see (June 2017) Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 7
E Rich O2 Environment Testing Laboratories (Clause 11.2.2 ME EQUIPMENT and ME SYSTEMS) IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
M Process Capability in a High Precision Environment Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 7
L How to Introduce the Quality Function to the production floor in a bad environment Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
Q What to consider in 6.4 work environment? ISO 9001:2008 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
T EMC for Medical Devices in Home Environment Other US Medical Device Regulations 4
N Work Environment - ISO 9001 Clause 6.4 vs. OSHA Requirements ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
V Open vs Closed Systems - Criteria for Categorization in cGMP Environment Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 4
R QA department in a manufacturing environment Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
G Assessment Form for Workspace & Workplace Environment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
B Digital Signature Solutions acceptable to use in an FDA Medical Device Environment 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
A Clean Room as a Controlled Environment - Requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
S Cleanliness Requirements for Raw Materials Used in a Controlled Environment Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
A Product Realization Requirements in a Non-Manufacturing Environment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
G Internal Auditing in a Multi-Site Environment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
I Controlled Environment Classification Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
A QMS and Certification in a Multi-Company/Group Environment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
D Electronic Logbook Software - 21 CFR part 211 environment (CFR 211.182) Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 6
R Manufacturing Documentation in Pharmaceutical Environment Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
V Examples of investigation or root-cause categories - Mother Nature (Environment) Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 3
P SharePoint in a Manufacturing Environment Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 6
N Setting up MSA system in a machine shop environment. Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
S Use of Non-Medically Test Hardware in Medical Environment IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 15
D Calibration in Warehouse Environment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
K What liability does the QA Manager/Management Rep hold? (US FDA environment) Career and Occupation Discussions 4
Q Process Control in High Volume Custom Electrical Enclosures Environment Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
C Balance Calibration SOP for a Pharmaceutical Environment General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
G Company Name Change in a regulated Environment Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
V Relevancy of Gauge R&R in Pharma Environment US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
Q Improvements in Resistive Environment in an Organization Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 7