Environmental Compliance obligations and risks (ISO 14001:2015 6.1.3)

armani

Quite Involved in Discussions
I have a few questions about clause 6.1.3 (NOTE):
1 - according to the fact that this is a NOTE (and, additional, to the expression "can result" - it is merely a possibility, recognized by ISO ), it can be ignored by organization - no nonconformity can be raised ralative to a NOTE;
2 - irrespective of pct. 1, can anyone give me an example of "risk and opps associated to compliance obligations"?
3 - Fines and suspension of an organization activity (due to non-fulfillment of compliance obligations) could be classified as RISKS or CONSEQUENCES of risk (which one)?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
I have a few questions about clause 6.1.3 (NOTE):
1 - according to the fact that this is a NOTE (and, additional, to the expression "can result" - it is merely a possibility, recognized by ISO ), it can be ignored by organization - no nonconformity can be raised ralative to a NOTE;
The note serves as a clarification. While you might "ignore" the note, you OBVIOUSLY can not ignore compliance obligations.

2 - irrespective of pct. 1, can anyone give me an example of "risk and opps associated to compliance obligations"?
The risks are self evident. Opportunity related to compliance obligations could be, for example, having a product comply with environmental requirements well ahead of the mandate and use such early compliance as a marketing differentiator.

Randy

Super Moderator
Keeping it real simple - In the US environmental regulatory non-compliance can get you sent to prison, non-regulatory non-compliance can cost you business.

Top Bottom