Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) - Difference between MIL-HDBK-344 & 2164A

C

crayonshin23

Hi,

I am trying to decide on the ESS profile for my purchased COTS items.
Can someone tell me what is the difference between Mil-hdbk-344 and Mil-hdbk-2164A?
Which one should I refer to when planning my ESS?

Thank you.

C

crayonshin23

Re: Difference between MIL-HDBK-344 and MIL-HDBK-2164A

I have read through the description provided on the RIAC website and I observed that it took reference from Mil-Hdbk-344 as well.
I understand that Mil-hbdk-2164 is published later than Mil-hdbk-344, however there are no reference made to mil-hdbk-344.
Is mil-hdbk-2164 a good guidance or should I stick to mil-hdbk-344?

Hi,

I am looking for an answer for this case:
After a unit has been ESS tested and accepted, later on, if there occurs a need for a modification to the unit (unit has to be opened and reworked/repaired), what kind of ESS has to be performed for this modified unit? Same as the initial unit ESS profile (burn-in and random vibration), or else?

can anyone share ideas/applications?

W

w_grunfeld

Depending on the extent of the modification, if only a few components (solder joints )were touched/reworked I wouldn't submit it to any ESS. If it was extensive, I'd use the same procedure/profile. Remember ESS is a manufacturing screen, not a GO NOGO type test

Top Bottom