Environmental Systems Interactions - ISO 14001 Clause 4.4.4c

I

Ish 57

Hi All,

I am struggling with the following clause of the EMS

4.4.4c Description of the main elements of the environmental management system and their interaction, and reference to related document.

Has any body got some sort of flowchart for this activity

Hi,

For a better clarity on 4.4.4 please see Appendix A 4.4 of ISO-14001.

Just to give you some immediate input see below:

What are the main elements of ISO-14001 ? Policy (4.2), Planning (4.3.1, 4.3.2, 4.3.3), Implementation (4.4.1- 4.4.7), Checking (4.5.1 - 4.5.5) and Reviewing (4.6). It is possible that you have an EMS Manual that describes each one of these main elements with respect to your organization's activities, products and services.

What are the interactions among these elements ? While the environmental policy is the main driver for your system, you also have significant aspects, legal and other requirements and objectives and targets, that are addressed throughout the system. For example, significant aspect may be addressed through an objective, or through training, or through communication, or through a Operational control procedure etc. You will see many such interactions between P, D, C & A throughout the system. Describe these interactions.

If you have documented the above or recorded the results of actions taken or monitored progress etc., they are the related documents referred.

Hope the above helps in your understanding of the extract that you have posted.

With kind regards,

Ramakrishnan

Last edited:
I

Ish 57

Many thanks for your moments Dr. Ramakrishnan. I got to put this info into a flowchart

Top Bottom