EO exporting to Switzerland

QuaffReg

Registered
Hi,

We are UK-manufacturer and send our products to our French entity who acts as our EU representative and EU importer. They send our products to the concerned EU country.
We want to act the same way for the Swiss market : We will send all our products to France where they will distribute to Switzerland when there are orders. But I'm confused on what is the role of our French entity in this case as Swiss is now considered as a third country ? I guess they are not the Swiss importer as they are not based in Switzerland... Do they need to register as Economic Operator in Switzerland ?

Moreover, is there any issue if the CH-Rep label will be added by our CH-Rep based in Switzerland once the product comes there or do the product need to bear the label before entering Switzerland ?

Your thoughts will be very helpful

Many thanks in advance

Randy

Super Moderator
You know here's the deal, you're asking something with legal complexities and what you'll get here are 101.76 different opinions and not legal answers. Is there a problem with asking Switzerland itself "Hey, how do I do this?"

EmiliaBedelia

Quite Involved in Discussions
Frequently Asked Questions on medical devices

This page has a lot of information, including the definition of distributors/importers/ARs in Switzerland. To Randy's point above, it is almost always a good idea to start with the website of the regulatory body you are working with.

I don't know the answer to your second question re: CH-Rep label, but I bet your Swiss authorized rep could answer that question for you.

Top Bottom