EQMS question - Implementing an electronic QMS to support ISO 13485:2016

Hi,
I am investigating implementing an electronic QMS for our medical device class I company. We are a small organization. I have researched QT9 as well as Green Light Guru. Does anyone have any input as to the performance for either of these? What EQMS do you use for ISO 13485:2016?

thank you!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
I have worked with EnterpriseIQ modules for QMS. Our company wanted to use the same system for orders and inventory and QMS, and EnterproseIQ manages to do all that.
I have worked with companies that use SAP for their QMS.

locutus

Involved In Discussions
QT9 is a decent eQMS management platform though it is not too tailorable. I have used this in the past and for a company less than 100 people with some strange forward processes, this works quite well - it is more tailored to smaller organisations.

I have not used Green Light Guru, so could not say.

My recommendation on a eQMS software is only two aspects: 1) download or use a demo of the program - but really USE the program. Make sure it does everything you want or need to to do. 2) Determine how much you want to spend on a eQMS - and don't forget the support !

There are many at least a dozen decent ones out there, but they all have their pros and cons and all are at different prices. So like any PDCA process (chuckles) you want to plan well in advance on a system you want. Rather than just trying to pick you - set out your specifications, expectations, and what you want the program to do.

QuinnM

Involved In Discussions
Hi Kimberly,

Verse solutions works well for small organizations. I implemented several modules for our small medical device company. Over all it worked well maintaining a balance between cost and performance.

Quinn

wooden nickle

Involved In Discussions
We are using Confluence and having problems generating forms. Does any one have any suggestions? Has anyone had any experience with Propel it is on the Salesforce platform?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Rules for Paper Forms outside of an eQMS - 3 Questions (ISO 13485) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
D EQMS - When the internet or system might not be available ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
F Grand Avenue Software, Q-Pulse or Qualio - which for a full eQMS? Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 1
T EQMS for small medical device company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
K EQMS provider's pledge to COVID-19 Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
S Validation of eQMS - Cloud based out of the box solution Other Medical Device Related Standards 18
S EQMS solution (Greenlight Guru and Q-Pulse currently being explored) Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 8
D eQMS/ERP System Admin Work Instructions - Where do they fit? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
I How much does an eQMS (Electronic/Software QMS) cost? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
J Implementing a TrackWise eQMS System Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 3
M A question about "Issue & continuous improvement" columns in AIAG-VDA PFMEA form FMEA and Control Plans 3
D Question regarding customer feedback process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
A Quality engineering positions in US - question Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 1
D Equipment Register related question ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
S Study sign off question / responsibilities ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
S Qualification question - ISO 13485 - Setting up a small lab Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 1
M Question for Auditors - "Off the Record" Conversation? General Auditing Discussions 14
D Question regarding ECO process, specifically for Life Science products and defining form fit and function ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
R Accelerated Aging - Creating test samples - Implantable medical device Question Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
A Question on Authorized Representative in Malaysia Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
D Limited Scope for second site Question? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
I ISO 2233:2000 Question - Medical Device Shipping/Transportation Validation Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
Anonymous16-2 Labeling Question (Dietary Supplements/Food) Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
T Question for: Cg & Cgk calculation General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
N ASL Question for GitHub ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
hogheavenfarm GDT Flatness measurement question Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 10
A Question on ISO 14001:2015 - Are annual audits required? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 11
dinaroxentool Question about FDA Classification of a Device 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
J Another DFAR question 252.225-7009 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
F Conflict Mineral Smelter Question RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 8
R NRTL - Scope Question - Off-the-Shelf Plug In IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
D API 6A Certification Question Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 4
dinaroxentool Question about qualification as a medical device or accessory in Europe EU Medical Device Regulations 2
R DHR question: Traceability of components ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
C MDR - Question around software accesories EU Medical Device Regulations 2
K My question is, what/when is a nonconformity? Therefore what requires an NCR? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
Watchcat Authoritative References about the Research Question? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 0
T Question about Quality Department employee position titles Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 10
N Question on creepage/clearance requirements for HF Active Accessories for 2nd edition 60601-1 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
J Question: How to create an IMDS RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 3
K Question on whether IEC 60601-2-62 standard is applied IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
B QMS question in regards to multiple medical devices/products and N/A activities Other Medical Device Related Standards 12
C NB approval - Basic question about Notified Bodies and their role EU Medical Device Regulations 10
G Question about Non-conformances during New Product Introduction Nonconformance and Corrective Action 14
F ISO 13485 8.2.3 Reporting to regulatory authorities: Question regarding a procedure for this clause. ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
O Mitutoyo Digital Caliper to PC USB question General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
R Probability - Need a help to solve the below question Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
B Minitab Type 1 Gage Study on True Position Question Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
Q Supplier audit question cataloque VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 0
Ed Panek Inactive key supplier question - We are not actively buying from them ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2