EQMS solution (Greenlight Guru and Q-Pulse currently being explored)

Hi all, I'm working in a young business and currently in the process of establishing the QMS. At present, all records are paper based and I am using Google Drive for controlled documentation so I can restrict access, etc. I'm looking to migrate to an eQMS this year as we are very spread out as a workforce and people travel a lot. Our solution needs to work on both PC and Mac too.

Any feedback on real World usage of the above tools, or other cost effective, intuitive solutions would be greatly received

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
Given you have experience with Google Drive I would consider using Google Sites for building a Wiki-style QMS (I call it a "WQMS"). Totally free, cloud-based, should work with PC and Macs.

There are plenty of F/OOS Wiki engines out there, as well as other free SW goodies you might need in support.

Please buzz me if you want to build something together. I currently feel a WQMS is the way to go, and Google Sites seems the easiest solution if you don't mind being 3rd party/Google-reliant.

In a few words - I had some experience with GG and I wasn't impressed, except for their ticket responsiveness which was good most of the time.

Cheers,
Ronen.

Hi Ronen,

Thanks for your response. The main reason I was looking to move away from the Google approach is that I need a part 11 compliant electronic signature for document approvals and training records. For a small team who work remotely a lot of the time, the paper system just isn't logical for us.

Do you know if Google Sites has the facility for e-Signature which is part 11 compliant?

Regards,

Shaun

mihzago

Trusted Information Resource
You could maybe use a third party digital signature software like DocuSign, but that usually requires converting documents to PDF, so I'm not sure if that would work for you.

pziemlewicz

Involved In Discussions
I've used IMSXpress before, and liked their e-sign approvals and document histories.

The only downfall is that everything gets converted to .pdf, so you're having to go back and fill a form in Adobe when the functionality was originally in an XLS or DOC.

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
Do you know if Google Sites has the facility for e-Signature which is part 11 compliant?
Maybe, I haven't implemented it yet.
I'm quite sure that with the right combination of tech and procedural controls part 11 compliance can be worked out on any platform. Might take some creativity and determination though.
Cheers,
Ronen.

Hey @Shaun,

Mike C. and the team at GG will be happy to answer any questions you may have. I thought it would be worthwhile to share two links regarding people that have been in a similar situation.

Google “Lucerno Dynamics Greenlight Guru” and click to first link to read the case study. Lucerno was in a similar situation in that their general purpose cloud storage solution couldn't be validated to Part 11 and they realized it was going to become a bottleneck for their team. Also if you google “pros cons of different eqms” and click the first link you’ll see how Sonavex is using Greenlight Guru.

We understand that selecting an eQMS provider that will expedite your time to market and set the foundation for scale is not an easy decision. Happy to do whatever we can to help you navigate the process.

All the best,

Mike Gadus
Greenlight Guru

Enternationalist

Starting to get Involved
The main reason I was looking to move away from the Google approach is that I need a part 11 compliant electronic signature for document approvals and training records.
It's worth realising that electronic signature requirements are not necessarily tied up QMS Software. It is entirely possible to implement your signatures solution seperately - for instance, it is feasible to use embedded PDF certificates for this application.

I'd recommend actually looking at part 11. It's not all that long - you may get some ideas about how you can satisfy the requirements without having to purchase a new backbone for your entire QMS.

CFR - Code of Federal Regulations Title 21

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Validation of eQMS - Cloud based out of the box solution Other Medical Device Related Standards 14
T EQMS for small medical device company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
K EQMS provider's pledge to COVID-19 Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
K EQMS question - Implementing an electronic QMS to support ISO 13485:2016 Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 4
D eQMS/ERP System Admin Work Instructions - Where do they fit? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
I How much does an eQMS (Electronic/Software QMS) cost? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
J Implementing a TrackWise eQMS System Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 3
M Test method validation - Is MSA (MSA1, MSA2, MSA3 and linearity) a good solution? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
G Saline solution change for soft contact lens potting CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
L Peritoneal dialysis solution is not medical device? EU Medical Device Regulations 0
P Suggestion for QMS platform solution + Business process automation Software Quality Assurance 3
R Re-Use of Diagnostic Reagent Solution Labels - Buffer Solutions for Internal Use ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
M Greenlight Guru as a Medical Device software solution Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 49
S What is MSU buffer solution? Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
G Come up with a solution to our CAPA system Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
E Recommendations for Quality Management Solution in SharePoint Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 5
J Want best and effective solution for mouth infection Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 11
C Document Management Solution for Routing Documents for Approval Manually Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 18
Q Is AIAG PPAP section 2.1 waiver a solution? APQP and PPAP 7
F Suggestions for quick & effective solution for Continuous Improvement Requirements ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
T Solution to Calibration Failure of Liquid Chromatography Calibration Frequency (Interval) 1
N Using ISO document number, version number in Software based solution. ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
J Cost Effective Solution for Isolating USB 5V 500mA Power IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
T Two job offers, one solution - Automotive vs. Defense Manufacturing Jobs Career and Occupation Discussions 9
M Commercially available software solution for the control of our CNC programs. Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 3
S Six sigma for known solution or unknown solution Six Sigma 1
D Input Requirement Document for developing Product Presentation by Multimedia Solution Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
C Simpler Solution to Waste Disposal Site Audits Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 2
C ANDA (Abbreviated New Drug Application) Filing - Ophthalmic Solution Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 4
A Cost calculation for solution that should delight the customer Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
ccochran Planning & Implementing Solution (book chapter 5 on problem solving) The Reading Room 8
S Easy way to determine % (concentration) of NaOH in an aqueous solution? Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
Q I need a solution to the puzzle... Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 10
A The unit price of the APQP module of MQ1 solution Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
J EOQ (Economic Order Quantities) - Solution For Parts Manufacturing Nightmare? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 6
S Need solution to AS9100 signature requirements on the plans, and/or changes AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
K Medical Devices QC Testing Procedure - Flexible Medical Solution Bags ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
C Pure Tin Plating onto Cu yellowish surface Discoloration - Looking for solution Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
S Identification of Machined Products between Processes - Solution Needed. Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
C Definition Sol. (Solution) Heat Treated - As pertains to stainless steels - Solution Anneal Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 6
S Recommended PPAP Training in the Toronto area or a software solution Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
Wes Bucey Popup ads - new trick! Called by Flash and java - Firefox developers seek 'solution' After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 6
Q Software solution to manage APQP and PPAP Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 3
S Engineering Knowledge Management Solution - Project Management & Database technology Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2