Equipment Verification and Calibration Report Standard

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

BradM

Staff member
Admin
Are you looking for examples?
And to add to Marc's question...

Do you have some distinction in mind between the verification and the calibration? Are they different activities? Do they involve traceable standards?

Like one might call a checklist of things to verify a verification. It may be three pages long, and not resemble a calibration at all.

So given the nature of what you are calling the two activities, might lend to answering your query also.:)

Dongzkie

Involved In Discussions
Thank you sir for your replies.
Definitely i am looking for an example form.
as of now I'm only using Equipment Verification Record. Is it necessary to make another form of Calibration Record?
Currently i am only attaching the histories of calibration record in equipment's verification form.

Hi, I just want to ask when do we need to do Calibration and when just need to do verification?
We have a CMM as primary tool and several calipers and micrometers. My boss only wants to do CMM calibration and said use it to check the small tools. We have also a gauge block A+ grade but not calibrated. My plan is to measure the gauge block using the CMM and verify the small tools using the gauge block. Is this acceptable?
For your help

dwperron

Trusted Information Resource
The only way to give a definitive answer to this is to know what tools you are using, and what are their tolerances. But from here it doesn't look feasible.

A CMM will have typical accuracy in the 100 to 300 µinch range. The uncertainty of calibrating your gauge blocks with it will be increased by at least the repeatability of the CMM.

Using gauge blocks calibrated with the CMM would allow, maybe, a 2:1 test accuracy ratio (TAR) for your digital calipers. That is not really adequate. They will present a less than 1:1 TAR for your micrometers.

What your boss is proposing won't work. It would be much more effective to get a set of gauge blocks and have them calibrated, using them for your hand tools.

I dont intend to calibrate my gauge block but just use it as a static part to verify my caliper. My intention is measure the block gages and use the measurement reading and then compare this reading when using a caliper.
Not also as calibration but just verification.

He sure will not send those gauge blocks for calibration since his understanding is different so any other suggestions will be appreciated.

dwperron

Trusted Information Resource
I learned a calibration saying many years ago:
"You can use a gauge block to calibrate a tape measure, or you can use a measuring tape to calibrate a gauge block, but only one of those is right"

What your boss is suggesting (using rough guesses since I don't know what actual equipment is involved) is to use a CMM to measure a gauge block to be used to check a micrometer that is up to 4 times more accurate than the CMM. I'm not sure what you would be "verifying" with this method.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D How to set equipment calibration/verification criteria General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
D How Working Standard Calibration result use in Verification of Equipment General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
Uriel Alejandro How to Record Evidence for Verification/Calibration of Equipment AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 6
P Is it compulsory to send new measuring equipment for calibration / verification? Calibration Frequency (Interval) 3
M Basis used for Calibration or Verification of Measuring Equipment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
P Design verification driven by new equipment. How is this different than process validation? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
D Verification that Manufacturing Equipment has maintained a Validated State Design and Development of Products and Processes 11
W Qualification of Design Verification Equipment 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
D Seeking Equipment Verification Standard Procedure books/guide/links Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 1
E How to Determine Tolerances for Equipment Verification General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 18
S Measuring Equipment and Monitoring Equipment - Verification ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
J How & how often to perform verification of Test Software of Automatic Test Equipment? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
W Protective earth for Class I ME equipment IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
R MSA for ATE (Automatic Test Equipment Embedded Software) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
D DQ documents of new equipment - Function specification Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 0
R MSA studies for Heat Treatment Equipment Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
T AMS2570E certification equipment questions AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 0
J Class Fixed ME Equipment (US Deviation) IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
P Manufacturing equipment (e.g.: Dental Welder): medical device or not? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
R What is meant by Use of COMPONENTS WITH HIGH-INTEGRITY CHARACTERISTICS in ME EQUIPMENT (clause no 4.9) IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
D Infrastructure: Equipment, Work Environment and Contamination Control ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
M Are Electrical Laparoscopic Surgical Devices ME equipment? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 8
D Definition of "Critical Laboratory Equipment"? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
N Calibration Requirements for Production Equipment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
T How to “validate/qualify” a new measurement equipment? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
D Software validation in Medical Equipment Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 20
I Approved Suppliers ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and used test equipment ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
S Calibration Equipment Selection General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
A Handling of contaminated medical equipment Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 0
T Confirming The Local Safety Regulations for Equipment - I'm in Malaysia General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
B IEC 60601 Cl. 8.4.3 - ME EQUIPMENT intended to be connected to a power source by a plug / Plug discharge IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
Y Packaging validation for non-sterile Medical Equipment Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
E Equipment Qualification - IQ/OQ per ISO 13485:2016 section 7.5.6 Process validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
A Contraindication Safety Statement in website - Radiotherapy equipment Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
B What is 'equipment'? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
S ISO17020 - Equipment calibration requirement General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
K USB DC operated medical equipment IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
B Measuring and monitoring equipment - Understanding which procedures to be compliant with ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
F Faulty Equipment and ISO 17025 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
N New (Upgraded Technology) vs Existing Equipment - Measurements Shift Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
G Is impact test according to IEC 60601-1 applicable for HAND-HELD equipment if also classified as BODY-WORN? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
E Part 11 Compliance, Excel living documents (i.e. document master list, equipment list, approved supplier list) Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 3
S Maintaining Equipment Records - We use a manual system ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
P Scope of application for IEC 60601-1-11 Medical electrical equipment — Part 1-11 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
C Does ISO 9001-2015 have a requirement for manufacturing equipment to be numbered? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
R Which pieces of equipment require equipment validation? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
D Validation of existing equipment - Risk based approach example ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
H Should I mention machine/Equipment password In SOP? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 4
D Validation of existing equipment - I have been asked to write a quality assessment for equipment ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
D Does every piece of equipment used in a laboratory need to have an IQ protocol written and executed? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1