ERP Data Control Requirements

pbojsen

Involved In Discussions
Hi all,

RE: Document Controls and data

I am used to systems where the data (e.g. input into the ERP system for component numbers, finished good numbers, item master, etc.) is run by Doc Control, and data input goes hand-in-hand with the documentation. If you don't have an approved spec, you can't release the component to production. There used to be an ISO requirement for document AND data control. Now there is just the requirement for document control.

What about systems where the ERP data is not controlled by Doc Control, and document control is looked upon as "a separate system"? :nope: Where can I find a QS requirement that, for example, parts can't get released to production by the ERP folks without an approved document? I feel very much like the tail is wagging the dog here.

Any input would be appreciated.
:thanks:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Kronos147

Trusted Information Resource
Any input would be appreciated.
Sounds like there is a process in place. Are you the process owner? Are you trying to design or assess the process?

I would consider asking the process owner to show you a flow chart or procedure for the process. I would then audit the process. If it is in control, no worries. If there are issues, issue a corrective action.

Eric

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
I am not sure what you are asking. The data is controlled by the ERP system itself. Sounds like you are talking about the process to enter the data?

K

Kane Nawrocki

ERP software supports your all kind of works like sales, accounting, finance and all about your business.now instead of this normal ERP software go for Cloud ERP Software which already doing above mention functions but in advance it also make benefits in to share resources, sensitive data, protects data from suspicious activity like hacking and all that.To securely work on your ERP i prefer Cloud ERP Software.There are many Cloud ERP Software available.Go for it and search some good software which is appropriate to your business.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N ERP Software Implementation Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
K ERP System Software Validation - ISO13485 2016 4.1.6 Design and Development of Products and Processes 8
Q Software SOP - Use and maintenance of an ERP system Software Quality Assurance 6
qualprod What is the Normal Flow in an ERP for Manufacturing? Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
K Identification and Traceability with an ERP system - Barcode Labels? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
W ERP Audit Trail audit by FDA? Regular audit trail report template? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 10
L Off the Shelf Software VISUAL ERP system ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
S Where to keep Enterprise Resource Planning software (ERP) Validation Records ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
J PMA Device - Lot # change in New ERP Software - What are the FDA Requirements 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
D eQMS/ERP System Admin Work Instructions - Where do they fit? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
S Small Business ERP System - Recommendations wanted Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
S ERP Software and Quality Department Procedures Integration Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
Joe Cruse ERP Systems and Your Pain Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
G Paper Based Manufacturing with an Unvalidated ERP ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
A Lean and ERP software Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 0
W QMS and/or ERP software choices for both US and China Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
R Document Control when an ERP System Produces most Forms and other Paperwork Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
L Managing ITP with an ERP system Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
C New ERP System: Any Free Gantt Chart Software Recommendations Out There Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
A Which ERP system complies to medical device regulations? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
D AS9100C 4.2.3 - Obsolete Electronic ERP Documents AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
R ISO 13485 - Security and Control of ERP System ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
K Validation of ERP/CRM Software Using Sandbox Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 4
S Configuration Management System software that can also be linked to our ERP system AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
I ERP Software Validation - required or not? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
I ERP acronym has double meaning in our company Internal Auditing 6
B Using Job Shop ERP Software for a QMS Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
Stijloor ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) Manufacturing Software Recommendations Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
P ERP (Emergency Response Plan) for Small Air Operator EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 7
T Document Control of ERP Report Format from Software Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 13
smryan M2M (Made2Manage ERP System) newby questions Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
I MRP/ERP for small CM/EMS Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
M Is ERP (Enterprise Resource Plannning) software like SAP in scope of AS9100 7.5.1.3 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
C Setting Up Part Masters in ERP Systems - How are others doing it? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
K Any one with experience on 'EPICOR' ERP System? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 14
N Work Instructions for ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 3
A Naming Convention for our ERP System Purchase Parts Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
W Validation of SAP for ERP - Inventory, shipping, and monitoring expiration dates Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 18
I New ERP system - Need Doc. Numbers for ERP generated PO's, Packing Slips, etc? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
T Utilization of new ERP system - (IFS- Industrial and Financial Systems) Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 8
M NetSuite ERP and CRM features Validation for a medical device company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
K Part Naming Convention for SAP ERP Application Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
Tom W Any Input on new ERP package? Service Industry Specific Topics 1
A New ERP system Validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
P Global Shop Software ERP management system questions Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 5
DanteCaspian ERP Systems: Monitoring, Inventory and Lean Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 7
A Fullscope with Microsoft AX ERP System Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
H Best ERP, MRP Application, considering Quality? Manufacturing and Related Processes 22
R ERP/MRP system as part of the QMS (Quality Management System) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 24
F MES Systems - Why MES is separated from the ERP layer Manufacturing and Related Processes 1