Estimate Sample Size for very rare event

Good morning.
Suppose we have a very low proportion of a certain type of non conformity (e.g. foreign body presence). Suppose this proportion is 1/20.000. Suppose I find one NC in a lot of 1000 (proportion 1/1000) and I have to consider the possibility that in the same lot could be another NC (the presence of one foreign body could enhance the possibility to find a second NC). What is the correct approach to estimate the sample size to monitor for my lot? Minitab Sample size 1 proportion? And in that case, which values for comparison and hypothesised proportions? So, how many sample (of my lot) you would analyse to exclude the presence of a second NC with a power of at least 80%?
Thanks
Dino

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Is there a difference in the process? Analyze residuals, construct interval estimate Using Minitab Software 2
S Least squares estimate, regression model and corresponding residuals Using Minitab Software 13
G How to compute or estimate a micrometer or caliper flatness using optical flat General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
J How to Estimate the Number of Replicates on a DOE (Design of Experiments) Six Sigma 5
0 The Uncertainty of an Estimate of the Bias ISO 5725-1 - Help Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 8
B Interpretation of Hodges-Lehmann's estimate of tau Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
Z How to estimate Uncertainty for Instrumental Results Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 3
I Cpk < 1.33 - How do I estimate actual defects? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
Q Quick ISO-TS 16949 Electronic Copy Cost Estimate IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
E How to Estimate the Time of GTAW and FCAW Welding Procedures? Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
Z Estimate Spread of Tolerance Stackup for each Dimension to Cp Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
B Gage R&R estimate of confidence interval Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
M How do I estimate sigma level for my workshop? Six Sigma 14
P Cost Estimate for how many hours to measure a part (Full first artcle) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
A How Can I Estimate Cp? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
V Sample Size rationale to reduce size and use special levels EU Medical Device Regulations 6
C Sample qualification to be IEC 60601-1 series tested IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
Y DFMEA Sample in Semiconductor FMEA and Control Plans 2
T Cease Production Sample Procedure Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
Q Gage Pin Sets? Calibrate/Verify them all or just a sample size? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 22
Quality Runner Continuous monitoring of validated process – sample sizes 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
S How to determine sample size to test when the acceptance criteria is x >= Standard value? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
I Mixing tank sample points Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 4
T Sample size calculation Using Minitab Software 3
C What Theory is MIL-STD-105E Sample Size Code Letters Based on? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 3
Stefan Mundt AS9100D Engineering sample purchases - Supplier not approved AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
U Determining population defect rate from sample defect rate Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
D Locking Control Limits and SPC Sample Sizes (AIAG/Automotive Requirements) Six Sigma 2
Y FMEA link to Control Plan frequency and sample size FMEA and Control Plans 19
T Noob question regarding sample size Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
S Help needed in choosing the method of calculating the minimum sample size Internal Auditing 12
P Worst case HLD sample for efficacy studies Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
M Summative evaluation: how many sample per participant? IEC 62366 - Medical Device Usability Engineering 5
S Determining Sample Size and Method Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 12
C Complaint Return Sample Size Question 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
shimonv Frequency and sample size for lot release of EtO sterilized products EU Medical Device Regulations 2
X Sample SOC2 audit report (or a redacted one) IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 0
A Clinical assessment sample size - Medical device Class IIb implantable (93/42 directive) EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Sample record for verification performed by importers before placing a device on the market EU Medical Device Regulations 0
P Sample Size for Distribution Simulation Testing Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 11
E Any sample of a full software life cycle IEC 62304 report ( any class )? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 4
G Where to buy Template / sample SCSMS Manual, checklist Supply Chain Security Management Systems 1
C Stress / Challenge Conditions for Design Verification Testing to Reduce Sample Size 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 11
K How can Acceptance Number and Reject Number be larger than Sample Size on Z1.4 Table? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
P MSA - what exactly mean "system" and master sample Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
J Validation Sample Size for Tray Seal Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 4
D Design Verification Sample Size vs Repeats Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
S Determining sample sizes for PQ Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 4
M Minimum sample size - Guidance and statistical rationale Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
L Sample Procedure from Contract Manufacturer Prospective ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 1