Medical Device News EU – Transition Timelines from the Directives to the Regulations – Medical Devices and in vitro Diagnostic Medical Devices

nancy

Registered
To meet the new EU Medical Device Regulation objective, organisations will need to take a structured and well-managed approach over the next coming years depending on the product portfolio.

D

davids

No, self-declared medical devices have to comply with the MDR in the date of application (May 2020). Only class I M or S device (which have a valid certificate) may continue to be put into the market under the MDD.

I understand that Article 120 paragraph 4 states that self-declared medical devices (class I) can't be placed on the market after 26 may 2020. Could you elaborate on wether these self-declared class I medical devices can still be made available on the market/put into service?

Shawna

Starting to get Involved
After May 2020, self declared device need to comply with the regulation requirements of MDR in order to be placed on the market, except the class I device in S or M category

I understand that Article 120 paragraph 4 states that self-declared medical devices (class I) can't be placed on the market after 26 may 2020. Could you elaborate on wether these self-declared class I medical devices can still be made available on the market/put into service?

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Could you elaborate on wether these self-declared class I medical devices can still be made available on the market/put into service?
Yes, provided that they've already been placed on the market by 26 May 2020.

Top Bottom