SBS - The best value in QMS software

EU MDR - PMS (Post Market Surveillance) SOP - definition of "register(s)"

MY notified body wants me to add to my PMS SOP the definition of "register(s)". I added it to state that the term "register(s) is a database of information that is searchable to gain knowledge or information."

They have responded to me stating that that is the incorrect definition of the term. Can someone please tell what the definition of register(s) is when applied to PMS and PMCF (Post-Maintenance Check Flight).

Thank you in advance for your help!

Last edited:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

FoGia

Involved In Discussions
Hello,

There's a MEDDEV providing the definition you're looking for (device registry): MEDDEV 2.12/2 rev.2
I would advise you to look at the meaning of PMCF as well.

SK13485

MedDev QA/RA
FYI, you have the wrong terms mentioned here...it is REGISTRY and the PMCF stands for Post Market Clinical Follow-up.

Device registry as defined by MEDDEV 2.12/2 states : "An organised system that uses observational study methods to collect defined clinical data under normal conditions of use relating to one or more devices to evaluate specified outcomes for a population defined by a particular disease, condition, or exposure and that serves predetermined scientific, clinical or policy purpose(s).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P MDR/IVDR Annex III - Technical documentation on PMS EU Medical Device Regulations 1
D Hospital Decontamination and the MDR - Technical Files, UDI and PMS EU Medical Device Regulations 3
Raisin picker CECP, consultation according to Art 54 MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 1
K Question on MDR classification EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M STED vs MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 0
F UDI-PI required on packaging (MDR) EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Extension to shelf life of new product under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 1
J Instructions for use for Class I devices under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 1
K Importer in EU, but not distribute in the EU - MDR obligations EU Medical Device Regulations 0
K MDR Class 1 Self Certification - Competent Authority or Notified Body? EU Medical Device Regulations 6
M Responsibilities of Importers / Distributors - MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 3
S PSUR - MDR First Submission Requirement? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
R EU-MDR Article 9-common specifications Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
JoCam Certified QMS for MDR - Class I medical device manufacturers EU Medical Device Regulations 4
JoCam MDR Gap Analysis - Consultant fees EU Medical Device Regulations 10
N Is there a need for clinical test of Class IIa products (for MDR)? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Examples of Combination Products - MDR Article 1 (8) and MDR Article 1(9) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
P EU MDR Translation of Product Name EU Medical Device Regulations 0
N Is this a single integral drug device combination product EU MDR CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
R Components to a finished medical device, MDR requirements Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
K Quality Agreement MDR - The manufacturer is outside of EU Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
M MDR - eIFU - When you can supply an electronic IFU instead of a paper IFU EU Medical Device Regulations 5
M MDR harmonized standards EU Medical Device Regulations 3
cscalise RAPS/Med Dev EU MDR Guidebook - Reviews or Opinions? EU Medical Device Regulations 0
V New Product Model CE Mark Certification under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 0
E MDR PRRC "jointly responsible" EU Medical Device Regulations 1
J Strategy for MDR Regulatory Compliance Procedure ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S EU MDR Annex I Chapter III 23.4 z EU Medical Device Regulations 2
R MDR & depth of technical files review by NB's EU Medical Device Regulations 18
U EU-MDR: Complicated supply chain EU Medical Device Regulations 4
C EU MDR - Annex II 6.1 Pre-clinical and clinical data EU Medical Device Regulations 4
A IVD in MDR procedure pack EU Medical Device Regulations 2
Ed Panek IFU Contact Requirements - FDA and MDD/MDR US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
S Are EC type examinations still being conducted under MDR? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
U MDD Article 12/ MDr Article 22 interpretation EU Medical Device Regulations 2
E MDR internal audit Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
R The term "Benefit Risk Ratio" in EU MDR, do I need to present benefit risk analysis as a RATIO Risk Management Principles and Generic Guidelines 4
R MDR, Annex I, 23.1 Interpretation - IFU on the website EU Medical Device Regulations 5
K Two FDA questions regarding UDI (and potentially 803.52 MDR) Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
S EU MDR CAPA - GAP Assessment on CAPA SOPs EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M MDR Article 22 Interpretation EU Medical Device Regulations 3
A User interface Language Requirements - EU MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 1
L EU MDR Article 86 PSUR EU Medical Device Regulations 1
S How is the service life for class I reusable medical devices described in MDR? EU Medical Device Regulations 7
S How is the service life described for class I reusable medical devices in MDR? Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 1
E Our company is planning to file MDD not MDR next month. Do we require to show chemical characterization report ? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
S Classification of a product according to MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 3
L Classification under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 1
I Interpretation of the MDR GSPR 23.4 (u) EU Medical Device Regulations 2
S Converting SOP MDD to MDR Noob ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4