EU POPs

Hi all,

I got the great responsibility to handle EU POPs. I was reading through all the freely available material but did not find clear answers.

1. According to Article 5,
"The holder of a stockpile greater than 50 kg, consisting of or containing any substance listed in Annex I or II, and the use of which is permitted shall provide the competent authority of the Member State in which the stockpile is established with information concerning the nature and size of that stockpile. Such information shall be provided within 12 months of the date that this Regulation or Regulation (EC) No 850/2004 became applicable to that substance, whichever date came first for the holder, and of relevant amendments to Annex I or II and annually thereafter until the deadline specified in Annex I or II for restricted use."

Is it only apply to substance? What about Article and Mixture? 50kg is the amount of substance in stock, is it right?

How does the manufacturer report the nature and size of that stockpile?

Does it have to be a manufacturer in the EU? We are a manufacturer outside the EU. Can we entrust the only representative?

2. For the product packaging film--often used on the outside of express boxes, How to deal with EU POPs regulation?

Thankfull for any help,
Jessica

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Top Bottom