Eudamed UDI-Module

itscloud

Starting to get Involved
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone have finished uploading their UDIs in the new Eudamed module?I'm currently stucked in the process of getting approved for the access.

Who is this second user with a LUA/LAA profile?

1633942737381.png

Thanks a lot :)

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

ca_moni

Starting to get Involved
You should ask another person in your company to request access as Local Actor Administrator (LAA) or just LUA (Local User Administrator) by creating a new user in the EU Login page and connecting it to your Actor registration. If you are the current LAA, you will receive an email and can approve his access. At that point, you will have two LUA: you may update your profile by asking additional access as "confirmer" in the UDI module, which will be approved by the other LAA/LUA.

itscloud

Starting to get Involved
You should ask another person in your company to request access as Local Actor Administrator (LAA) or just LUA (Local User Administrator) by creating a new user in the EU Login page and connecting it to your Actor registration. If you are the current LAA, you will receive an email and can approve his access. At that point, you will have two LUA: you may update your profile by asking additional access as "confirmer" in the UDI module, which will be approved by the other LAA/LUA.
Hi ca_moni,

My manager received the email but did not find the approval link anywhere, I guess I will have to create a new account and try in this way instead. Do you know if there is a deadline for the UDIs info to be uploaded into the module? Thanks

debbie gallagher

Starting to get Involved
My understanding is that it is not mandatory until EUDAMED is fully functional, and then there is a grace period, unless you initiate a FSCA or a vigilance report is submitted then it is mandatory. The last expected date I saw for it to be fully functional was mid 2023, but subject to change.

Rincewind

Involved In Discussions
My understanding is that it is not mandatory until EUDAMED is fully functional, and then there is a grace period, unless you initiate a FSCA or a vigilance report is submitted then it is mandatory. The last expected date I saw for it to be fully functional was mid 2023, but subject to change.
I read that before and now I struggle to find it, can you point me to the right Guidance? If we have a recall or a FSCA now we need to enter it right now I think.

debbie gallagher

Starting to get Involved
We had a lot of debating over this, the MDCG guidance is not the easiest to understand, we eventually reached out to MedTech Europe UDI team asking the question:
  • Once the UDI/Device registration goes live (end of September) is it at that point, that we start the requirement to register a legacy device if a serious incident occurs or a FSCA is initiated? Can you confirm ?
  • Response from MedTech: No based on MDCG 2019-5, upon occurrence of an Incident or a Corrective Action, registration is required upon registration of the Incident or Corrective Action in EUDAMED 6 months after the notice in the European Official Journal per Art. 34.

Rincewind

Involved In Discussions
Thank you, I agree that the MDCG Guidances sometimes are causing more confusion than clarity...but does this apply to the functionality of the complete EUDAMED from your point of view or just the required module?
Because I found again where I read it, in an eternal document from a consultant which I can't post here but there it basically says:

If you have a Legacy Device your registration deadlines are:
  1. If you have no incident/FSCA: Latest 24 months after the date of publication of the notice referred to in Article 34(3) if EUDAMED is not fully functional before the date of application of the MDR.
  2. If Incident/FSCA: immediately (under the condition that EUDAMED UDI registration module is available)

So they say only the registration module is needed and then you have to act in case of a FSCA/Recall.

Now I am fully confused.

monoj mon

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi ca_moni,

My manager received the email but did not find the approval link anywhere, I guess I will have to create a new account and try in this way instead. Do you know if there is a deadline for the UDIs info to be uploaded into the module? Thanks
Hello,

You don't need to create a duplicate account. Your manager should first request to be LAA/LUA by clicking on the 'New Access Request'.
1634266794860.png
Once he/she sends the 'Access request' you should receive the notification (check it by clicking the 'bell' button). After that you will need to approve his/her request. Once done, you will need go to your profile setting to 'Request for change' in your 'Account Data'. Once you request the change, your manager will receive the notification in his/her EUMADE LAA/LUA account and he/she shall need to 'approve' it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M UDI Database and EUDAMED - Will there be two separate databases? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
F EUDAMED UDI Medical Devices User's Guide Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 7
M Informational EU – EUDAMED UDI Device Data Dictionary + data sets Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
marmotte MDD legacy until 2024 - EUDAMED, role (and cost!) of the EC Rep EU Medical Device Regulations 4
N Actor registration EUDAMED restricted: got no Email to complete the registration EU Medical Device Regulations 5
S Eudamed data fields EU Medical Device Regulations 5
D High level understanding of EUDAMED EU Medical Device Regulations 3
S National registrations for MDR certified devices in absence of EUDAMED EU Medical Device Regulations 2
Watchcat Whatever happened to Eudamed 1.0? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
N EUDAMED postponement and compliance with Article 120 (3) MDR for Legacy Devices EU Medical Device Regulations 10
M Informational EU – Official position on EUDAMED delay Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 6
M Informational EU – Possible EUDAMED delay Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
D How to get EUDAMED Single Registration Number (SRN) EU Medical Device Regulations 19
M Informational Eudamed Data Exchange Guidelines Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational EU – Eudamed Data exchange services and entity models introductions Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 4
M Informational EU – M2M Data Exchange available services for accessing MDR EUDAMED data available for Economic Operator (EO) organisations Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
shimonv Informational New guidance documents about EUDAMED - April 2019 EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Informational MDCG 2019-5 Registration of legacy devices in EUDAMED Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 11
M Informational MDCG 2019-4 Timelines for registration of device data elements in EUDAMED Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational EU – Draft Functional specifications for the European Database on Medical Devices (Eudamed) – First release (High(1)) to be audited Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational Plan for the CND nomenclature (for EUDAMED use) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 5
N Notified Body excessive reporting onto Competent Authorities via the Eudamed database ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
Ronen E Eudamed - Public Access - Directive 2007/47/EC preamble EU Medical Device Regulations 2
G IVD EU Notifications - May 2011 deadline for mandatory use of the Eudamed database EU Medical Device Regulations 7
Y Eudamed - European database for Medical Devices CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 8
T FDA UDI Question - Class II Medical Device Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
R UDI Number Identification EU Medical Device Regulations 2
L Configurable UDI mdr EU Medical Device Regulations 0
L UDI implementation in Saudi Arabi (KSA) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
L UDI-DI - Device will be sold by itself in a box EU Medical Device Regulations 2
P Basic UDI-DI and Legacy Devices EU Medical Device Regulations 7
C UDI for consumable/replacement components under the MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 2
K UDI for two units with different S/N on the same package/case Other US Medical Device Regulations 10
C Validation of process for releasing the UDI EU Medical Device Regulations 4
A MDR requirement where unit of use packaging is too small for UDI carrier EU Medical Device Regulations 1
L UDI needed when we submit to ON? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
S Does a refurbished product required a new UDI? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
A UDI for product already packed up EU Medical Device Regulations 0
M Brand owner or manufacturer responsible for Basic UDI-DI and UDI-DI? EU Medical Device Regulations 6
Aymaneh UDI-PI Software CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
J UDI-DI how should we interpret Device version or model to determine if a new UDI-DI is needed? EU Medical Device Regulations 0
P UDI-PI requirements on reusable surgical device, do we need serialisation? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
J UDI - Where to document it? EU Medical Device Regulations 8
N UDI: GS1 or HIBC ??? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
F UDI-PI required on packaging (MDR) EU Medical Device Regulations 4
C UDI Questions on Control Units Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
M Supplier requirements - Major supplier is a Non-Profit registered with ICCBBA (FDA UDI) Supply Chain Security Management Systems 12
K Two FDA questions regarding UDI (and potentially 803.52 MDR) Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
V UDI - OEM or OBL / Legal Manufacturer Responsibility CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
A European UDI-DI CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2