Evaluating my QMS (Quality Management System)

M

MDWEEK

I finished a quality system of construction company (iso9001:2000) and before bringing the rgistrar i need to check if my system is ok or there will be some minors or majors how can i test my system before the external audit
and don not tell me use the pre-assessment as it is not allowed in my case
what shall i do?
:thanx:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

GStough

Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: Need to evaluate my QMS

I finished a quality system of construction company (iso9001:2000) and before bringing the rgistrar i need to check if my system is ok or there will be some minors or majors how can i test my system before the external audit
and don not tell me use the pre-assessment as it is not allowed in my case
what shall i do?
Internal audits usually are good tools to determine the condition of a QMS. Findings from your internal audits are also good indicators of whether any nonconformances in your external audit will be found. :)

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: Need to evaluate my QMS

As Gidget has said, Internal Audits and a Management Review are a good test of the suitability and conformance of your QMS. However, it may be worthwhile asking another consultant/auditor to give it a look at. This may be at 2 levels - document review (compliance with ISO 9001 'in theory') and/or compliance audit (a 'mock' audit) depending on what you want out of it.

M

MDWEEK

I know that internal audit is good but what i need is to evaluate the documented procedures and forms and wi i made whether it is enough or not that is what i mean i.e i need someone who has more experience to say this system is complete or need amendments and is there any missing procedures or forms

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
I know that internal audit is good but what i need is to evaluate the documented procedures and forms and wi i made whether it is enough or not that is what i mean i.e i need someone who has more experience to say this system is complete or need amendments and is there any missing procedures or forms

Here is an idea... Are your documents written in English? Would you be able/willing to attach these documents to a post? We'd be happy to take a look at it.

Your documents and records should meet the (minimum) requirements of ISO 9001:2000. Look at clause 4.2. Furthermore, you should determine and implement any additional documents necessary to support your system. The people in the organization should know, understand, use, and comply with the documents. You can verify this as part of an internal audit. When the quality system works as intended, meaning it's delivering the expected results, you have a good quality system. A simplistic view on my part perhaps, but I hope this helps.

Stijloor.

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Why is the pre-assessment not an option, out of curiousity?

Why can't you schedule a desk study internal audit or set aside time to determine if your documentation is adequate?

I don't understand what the problem is here. I think we're making the situation sound more problematic than it really is.

try2makeit

Quite Involved in Discussions

Why can't you schedule a desk study internal audit or set aside time to determine if your documentation is adequate?

I don't understand what the problem is here. I think we're making the situation sound more problematic than it really is.
I was wondering the same thing. Usually the registration body will come to the facility for a pre-assessment and thats where you will find what areas you might have to improve on in regards of your documentation. Does the registrar not offer such a service to your Company?:confused:

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator

While pre-assessments are fairly common in the USA, Canada and Europe, we must realize that (in other, sometimes developing countries) such services may be cost prohibitive. Especially for very small organizations such as the OP's. We sometimes tend to take things for granted, while other areas of the world do not.

Just some thoughts.

Stijloor.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tagin Evaluating nonconformances for escalation using Bayesian methods? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
R Evaluating the need for preventive action Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 3
M Informational US FDA – FDA provides updates on the agency’s continued commitment to evaluating postmarket safety of Essure device Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
S Evaluating the possibilities of using qmswrapper or greenlightguru Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
C Evaluating GRR Scores %Tol vs %TV Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
Q Evaluating Effectiveness of a Preventive Action after Closure Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 7
J Potential Customers Asking for EIRs / 483s when evaluating a CRO for future work US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
P FDA - Evaluating Substantial Equivalence in Premarket Notifications 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
M Quality Control Procedure and Procedure for Evaluating Sub Contractor Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
M Evaluating Vendor (Supplier) Products using SQC Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
K Evaluating different Startup Options in EU and MDD ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S Trading Company - Evaluating Supplier Performance and Approved Supplier List ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
J The 510(k) Program: Evaluating Substantial Equivalence in Premarket Notifications 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
E Evaluating Lean Knowledge: Lean Philosophy Course for Production Engineering Students Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
A Evaluating an Integrated Management System - Dissertation Topic ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
optomist1 Evaluating Capability Indices with Minitab Using Minitab Software 7
C Trend Analysis - Evaluating Quality of Pricing - ANVOA or Std Dev? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 25
W Re-Evaluating Corrective Actions - Recurrence of a Customer Complaint Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
D Good source for Checking and Evaluating Control Plans needed FMEA and Control Plans 4
R EMP (Evaluating the Measurement Process) Studies for Bias Effect Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
J Evaluating a Regression Model Using the Constant Variance Assumption Six Sigma 8
Wes Bucey "Downsizing" ramifications - Evaluating and Interpreting the News World News 0
A Methods of evaluating compliance to ISO 14001 ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 6
G 100% Sort Verification - Statistical Method for Evaluating Suspect Material Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 19
J Evaluating and Reporting the Results of Layered Process Audits Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
Gert Sorensen Evaluating Software for GMP Criticality? Software Quality Assurance 3
M Evaluating adverse effect on device tested with out of tolerance instrument General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
Q Evaluating Internal Audit Results Internal Auditing 24
P Rockwell, Brinell, Vickers Conversion - Evaluating Aluminum 6061-T6 and 6063-T6 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 11
U Evaluating the aspects... All judgement based or is there a more objective way? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
D Evaluating competence on training for new ISO 13485 standard for employees ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
Q "Service" Vendor (Supplier) Evaluation - How are you evaluating suppliers? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 5
N Evaluating Process Stability - Unstable Processes - Cpk/Ppk? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
Z Seeking GM standard GM9684P - Procedure for evaluating parting lines Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
S Metrics for Evaluating Design process Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
C Evaluating software that measures Ppk, Cmk, Cpk, PPI, etc. Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 4
H Good starting point for a new QC Manager? Evaluating Existing Procedures Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 21
Gman2 Evaluating training, needed for office personnel? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
G Evaluating Processes - Cycle Time Concepts - Three Levels for any process Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
C Evaluating the Effectiveness of Internal Audit Process Internal Auditing 16
Marc Evaluating 5.3 c - Quality Policy - Framework General Auditing Discussions 1
T Evaluating Customer Satisfaction ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
B Risk Anlysis for Evaluating then Voiding or Not Issuing CPAR's Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
M ISO 9001:2000 - Evaluating Training Effectiveness and Why ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
C Can anyone suggest a means of evaluating a suppliers performance? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
Raffy Evaluation Form - Re-evaluating suppliers for their performance Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
G Evaluating Training Effectiveness - 6.2.2 Competence, Awareness and Training ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 55
S Supplier Evaluation - Evaluating transport suppliers and equipment suppliers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
D What exactly is needed on the subcontractor list for evaluating subcontractors QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 4
D Evaluating Subcontractor On-time Delivery Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3