Evaluating software that measures Ppk, Cmk, Cpk, PPI, etc.

C

Cemm Mex

I am a newbie at this, and I am currently evaluating software that measures PPK, CMK, CPK, PPI, etc...

I the Old forums I've found most definitions but CMK does not appear. Anybody have a clue what it is?

By the way, does anybody have a nice, simple, cheap piece of software I can use for this purpose? So far I've only seen InfinityQS (www.infinityqs.com)

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Proud Liberal

Quite Involved in Discussions
First off, InfinityQS is the best software on the market to doing actual SPC (statistical PROCESS control not statistical PART control). If you are serious about statistics, it is worth the effort required to impliment. But if simple is what you want, try QualityAmerica's SPC-PC IV (I used this one for more than 10 years prior to learning about InfinityQS.

I think that Cmk is another designation for Cpm. If so, Cpm differs from Ppk/Cpk in that rather than using the nominal (middle) of the tolerance zone as the "perfect" part, the dimension is targeted at some other value to accommodate processes that are skewed by nature. Examples would include:
  • Tool wear (you would target your process toward one end of the tolerance and allow the tool wear to move throughout a greater range)
  • Physical limitations - a die closing, parts locating in a punch press against a stop, etc
  • A chemical process that uses up a reagent or catalyst
  • Most GD&T designations (flatness, straightness, parallelism, angularity, perpendicularity, roundness, .....) that designate a limit are targeted toward zero.
What type of processes are you involved with?

C

Cemm Mex

Our Process

We are in the Maquila buisiness. Manufacture car parts, specifically automotive harnesses.

Darius

Quite Involved in Discussions
Sorry for the comment, but you are starting from the end, InfinityQS, I tink it's the most complete SPC software for now.

But for capability index almost any SPC or statistics software could do the job, it's almost a standard to obtain pp,ppk, cp,cpk and some of them cpm, cpmk and their conterparts with total variation estimate, others some more sofisticated indexes like non-parametical.

Remember that any index is just an estimate (because of the estimates of variation, the number of data in the sample, even the non normality that most of the capability index take for granted, the correctness of the specs, if is one sided or not, etc.), I my self find them usefull, but I always look for run chart (or spc chart) and histogram.

:bigwave:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gert Sorensen Evaluating Software for GMP Criticality? Software Quality Assurance 3
Tagin Evaluating nonconformances for escalation using Bayesian methods? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
R Evaluating the need for preventive action Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 3
M Informational US FDA – FDA provides updates on the agency’s continued commitment to evaluating postmarket safety of Essure device Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
S Evaluating the possibilities of using qmswrapper or greenlightguru Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
C Evaluating GRR Scores %Tol vs %TV Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
Q Evaluating Effectiveness of a Preventive Action after Closure Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 7
J Potential Customers Asking for EIRs / 483s when evaluating a CRO for future work US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
P FDA - Evaluating Substantial Equivalence in Premarket Notifications 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
M Quality Control Procedure and Procedure for Evaluating Sub Contractor Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
M Evaluating Vendor (Supplier) Products using SQC Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
K Evaluating different Startup Options in EU and MDD ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S Trading Company - Evaluating Supplier Performance and Approved Supplier List ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
J The 510(k) Program: Evaluating Substantial Equivalence in Premarket Notifications 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
E Evaluating Lean Knowledge: Lean Philosophy Course for Production Engineering Students Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
A Evaluating an Integrated Management System - Dissertation Topic ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
optomist1 Evaluating Capability Indices with Minitab Using Minitab Software 7
C Trend Analysis - Evaluating Quality of Pricing - ANVOA or Std Dev? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 25
W Re-Evaluating Corrective Actions - Recurrence of a Customer Complaint Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
D Good source for Checking and Evaluating Control Plans needed FMEA and Control Plans 4
R EMP (Evaluating the Measurement Process) Studies for Bias Effect Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
J Evaluating a Regression Model Using the Constant Variance Assumption Six Sigma 8
Wes Bucey "Downsizing" ramifications - Evaluating and Interpreting the News World News 0
A Methods of evaluating compliance to ISO 14001 ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 6
M Evaluating my QMS (Quality Management System) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
G 100% Sort Verification - Statistical Method for Evaluating Suspect Material Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 19
J Evaluating and Reporting the Results of Layered Process Audits Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
M Evaluating adverse effect on device tested with out of tolerance instrument General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
Q Evaluating Internal Audit Results Internal Auditing 24
P Rockwell, Brinell, Vickers Conversion - Evaluating Aluminum 6061-T6 and 6063-T6 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 11
U Evaluating the aspects... All judgement based or is there a more objective way? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
D Evaluating competence on training for new ISO 13485 standard for employees ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
Q "Service" Vendor (Supplier) Evaluation - How are you evaluating suppliers? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 5
N Evaluating Process Stability - Unstable Processes - Cpk/Ppk? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
Z Seeking GM standard GM9684P - Procedure for evaluating parting lines Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
S Metrics for Evaluating Design process Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
H Good starting point for a new QC Manager? Evaluating Existing Procedures Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 21
Gman2 Evaluating training, needed for office personnel? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
G Evaluating Processes - Cycle Time Concepts - Three Levels for any process Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
C Evaluating the Effectiveness of Internal Audit Process Internal Auditing 16
Marc Evaluating 5.3 c - Quality Policy - Framework General Auditing Discussions 1
T Evaluating Customer Satisfaction ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
B Risk Anlysis for Evaluating then Voiding or Not Issuing CPAR's Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
M ISO 9001:2000 - Evaluating Training Effectiveness and Why ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
C Can anyone suggest a means of evaluating a suppliers performance? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
Raffy Evaluation Form - Re-evaluating suppliers for their performance Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
G Evaluating Training Effectiveness - 6.2.2 Competence, Awareness and Training ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 55
S Supplier Evaluation - Evaluating transport suppliers and equipment suppliers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
D What exactly is needed on the subcontractor list for evaluating subcontractors QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 4
D Evaluating Subcontractor On-time Delivery Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3