Evaluation of your Project/Work/Input

A

Andy Bassett

After stealingly mercilessly from everyones work on this site, maybe i can throw something back.

I was bidding for work from a big customer recently, and i was forced to show the results of previous projects that i had done, so i had to produce a 'Evaluation Form' and get my customers to complete it.

Even though i only did a very simple 10 question form, it actually turned into a very interesting exercise in assessing your own competencies.

For example one of my weak points consistenly appears to be in keeping projects on track, and although i might defend myself by saying that it is the nature of the QMS Beast, i have started to think more about how i keep my projects on track.

If anybody wants this form i will e mail it to you, alternatively i will send it to marc and he can put it in the PDF region.

Marc has said he will put in on at the weekend (He must have a hot date at the moment)

Regards

------------------
Andy B

[This message has been edited by Andy Bassett (edited 24 August 2000).]

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

Andy Bassett

Marc tells me that this is now posted in his PDF section.

I sent a copy to everyone who requested, i just seemed to have a problem with the email address of Barb and laura, could be a problem my side. Anyway document is now posted on this site.

Regards

Tom W

Living the Dream...
Is it correct to say that QS requires you to measure customer satisfaction

"4.1.6 The supplier shall have a documented process for determining customer satisfaction, including frequency of determination, and who objectivity and validity are assured. Trends in customer satisfaction and key indicators of customer dissatisfaction shall be documented and supported by objective information..."

and the form you are talking about gives you a strong method to accomplish this. Now when you get into benchmarking, that can get very difficult for highly competitive industries and companies that don't want to share data.

We send out this type of survey to our top 100 customers based on sales volumn and then analyze the data and react to any negitive trends. With benchmarking we try to use what is available, but it gets very vauge. Does anyone have any comment on this?

[This message has been edited by Tom W (edited 31 August 2000).]

A

Alf Gulford

How do I get to the PDF files? I've looked around but don't find anything obvious enough for me.

Thanks
Alf

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
andy...i have a problem with my email as listed (help...marc?) the provider sold the service, so "os.com" doesn't exist anymore it is now [email protected] they were forwarding mail for 6 months, but that has expired.....and I need an update to the profile,,,,

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Originally posted by barb butrym:
andy...i have a problem with my email as listed (help...marc?) the provider sold the service, so "os.com" doesn't exist anymore it is now [email protected] they were forwarding mail for 6 months, but that has expired.....and I need an update to the profile,,,,
You change your e-mail address in your Profile.

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Originally posted by Tom W:

Is it correct to say that QS requires you to measure customer satisfaction
Yes...
"4.1.6 The supplier shall have a documented process for determining customer satisfaction, including frequency of determination, and who objectivity and validity are assured. Trends in customer satisfaction and key indicators of customer dissatisfaction shall be documented and supported by objective information..."

and the form you are talking about gives you a strong method to accomplish this. Now when you get into benchmarking, that can get very difficult for highly competitive industries and companies that don't want to share data.

We send out this type of survey to our top 100 customers based on sales volumn and then analyze the data and react to any negitive trends. With benchmarking we try to use what is available, but it gets very vauge. Does anyone have any comment on this?
Sounds like you're covering the bases.

In the new ISO (8.2.1) customer satisfaction is part of the game.

The following is from: www.isogroup.net

"The ISO 9000:2000 standard now states that you must monitor information on customer satisfaction (and or dissatisfaction) as one of the measurements of performance of your quality system. You must also determine how you are going to obtain and use this information. This is a new requirement in the ISO 9000:2000 standard.

The '94 version of the standard stated that the requirements that it entailed were specified primarily to achieve customer satisfaction. Well, now the standard is taking a different tone to that goal and specifically states that we must monitor customer satisfaction as a requirement of the ISO 9000:2000 standard.

Do a lot of us currently do this now? Well, hopefully so, but it may not be likely. The primary method of monitoring customer satisfaction: "Hey John, did we get the order?", many organizations can be falsely drawn into the conclusion that the customer is completely satisfied merely because they receive repeat business, but this may not be the case...

How many of you have continued shopping at a store which has poor service because it is convenient? Maybe it is close by to your work/home, maybe the store carries a product that you cannot find elsewhere, maybe they are cheap. Whatever the reason, you go back because of some reason other than you are happy with their service, and if given another option you would be more than willing to try it.

Though an exaggeration, this is an example of how repeat business may be false security.

Element 8.2.1 of the ISO 9000:2000 standard is in place to NOT allow this to happen. The standard requires that you define ways of obtaining and using information pertinent to your customer's satisfaction and monitoring this information as a minimum form of measuring quality management system performance. Being proactive and finding out issues before they arise is the idea, how you do it is up to you.

The new ISO 9000:2000 standard helps clarify whose opinion is most important in regards to your Quality System, Your Customer's. The new standard requires the "monitoring" of customer satisfaction information, it does not require the implementation of an entirely new measurement system. The extent that you want to take this is up to you."

[This message has been edited by Marc Smith (edited 02 September 2000).]

B

B Butrym

Marc i must have had a senile moment...LOL....i had gone into the profile through the link on one of my posts and couldn't change it...DUH>>>. When I saw your post i realized there was another link....sometimes i am brain dead,,,,thats the kind of summer I have had. I typically try to schedule down time cause I hate the heat...BUT i had a marathon schedule with no time to breathe this year. Guess thats a good thing?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Work Load Evaluation for Project Management Personnel VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 4
J ISO 14001 - Project Planning and Evaluation. ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 7
R Clinical evaluation without clinical data - MDR Article 61(10) EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Clinical Evaluation Plan vs. PMCF Plan EU Medical Device Regulations 17
K Biocompatibility evaluation of gas pathways Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 5
T HF testing / Summative evaluation for MDDS class I necessary? Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 2
N Evaluation of service providers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
M Can someone share a scrubbed version of Clinical Evaluation Plan (CEP) EU Medical Device Regulations 1
S EU MDR Annex XIV - Clinical Evaluation Plan - What do these methods mean? EU Medical Device Regulations 12
C Material from outside CER evaluation period CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 8
DitchDigger IEC 60601-1 subclause 5.1 - Adequate evaluation in lieu of testing IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
S Clinical Evaluation - Is this an ISO 13485:2016 requirement? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
P SOUP anomaly evaluation for MMA IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
M Informational How to perform a clinical evaluation of medical devices – Part 2 – Level of clinical evidence and what sufficient clinical evidence means Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
P IEC 62304 - evaluation of integration and system testing IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 4
R Supplier evaluation and business needs in the context of ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
U Changes to Internal Processes and Risk Evaluation - Mitigations Risk Management Principles and Generic Guidelines 10
M Informational Work in progress at the FDA for biological evaluation – Color Hazard and RISk calculator (CHRIS) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational How to perform a clinical evaluation of medical devices – Part 1 – Overview and sample of activities Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
T EU MDR Article 61- Clinical Evaluation EU Medical Device Regulations 2
pashah Looking for Clinical Evaluation SOP acc. MEDDEV and EU MDR Other Medical Device Related Standards 0
K Supplier re-evaluation (API Q1) Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
B Evaluation of Basic Safety during EMC Immunity or Climate Testing IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
S ISO 10993 Biocompatibility Evaluation - Electronic thermometer Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
D Clinical Evaluation Report - Consultant Recommendations Consultants and Consulting 9
Q ISO 9001 Clause 9.1 - Monitoring measurement analysis and evaluation ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
M CER (Clinical Evaluation Reports) updates - Product Codes EU Medical Device Regulations 2
A Medical device CER (clinical evaluation report) training/seminar services EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Informational US – National Evaluation System for Health Technology Coordinating Center (NESTcc) Solicits Public Comments for Data Quality and Methods Frameworks Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational IMDRF – Proposed update to Clinical Evaluation documents Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational MDCG 2019-3 Interpretation of Article 54(2)b – Pre- market clinical evaluation consultation procedure with the involvement of expert panels Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
TheMightyWife Clinical Evaluation MEDDEV 2.7.1 Rev 4 demonstration of equivalence EU Medical Device Regulations 6
S Testing (Evaluation of) and Verification of Employee Color Vision Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 19
P Performance evaluation (IVDD Annex VIII) & Design and Development Validation Studies EU Medical Device Regulations 1
C How frequent to conduct Clinical / Performance Evaluation? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
H Addressing of Undesirable side-effects, harms, risks and side-effects in clinical evaluation report (CER) EU Medical Device Regulations 12
W Literature used in the clinical evaluation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S Medical device CER (clinical evaluation report) according to MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 10
Q Complying with ISO 9001:2015 - 9.1.1 b - Monitoring, measuring, analyzing and evaluation ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
N Control plan evaluation methods - Which methods should be carried over from the PFMEA? FMEA and Control Plans 3
M SOPs, Plans and Report templates for Clinical Evaluation of EU MDR Other Medical Device Related Standards 6
M Medical Device News CDRH Research Programs – VICTRE: Virtual Imaging Clinical Trials for Regulatory Evaluation Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
MrTetris When a follow-up summative evaluation is not required? IEC 62366 - Medical Device Usability Engineering 1
S Clinical evaluation for a class IIa medical device - EU MDR Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 3
TheMightyWife Copyright for articles used in CER (Clinical Evaluation Report) EU Medical Device Regulations 16
Q Evidence of precautions (clinical evaluation report, risk management report) EU Medical Device Regulations 6
A Users won't return devices from pre-CE performance evaluation study EU Medical Device Regulations 3
Uriel Alejandro Evaluation of the effectiveness of correction actions General Auditing Discussions 15
S Supplier Audit Assessment / Evaluation Forms IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
Q Qualitative or Quantitative? Risk method evaluation ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7