Ever been written up for not having adequate resources?

A

Aaron Lupo

Has anyone ever been written up by their Registrar or Clients even for not having the proper resources? I would venture to say it has not happend as often as it should.:frust:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

Aaron Lupo

Lucinda I have seen lack of Mgmt Commitment also, I was curious if any one has been dinged for Lack of Personnel or Equipment? I was wondering if any Registrars had enough [email protected]!!$ to do it. I ask because I just did an IA and wrote that up, I am sure I will get slapped around by Management when they see it.

JodiB

Still plugging along
What did you cite as the requirement for the write-up?

I've only known it to be written under Mgt. commitment because it is their responsibility to provide resources. And failure to provide, means it falls into their lap.

A

Aaron Lupo

Yes, normally I would agree that it should be written up during aan audit of Mgmt, however I am trying to do the Department a "Favor", there have been equipment issues (antiquated, hell who am I kidding they are pieces of C%&$, and are costing us money), they do not have enough employees to do the work which causes more errors which costs more money. Mgmt has known about the problem for a long time and they do nothing (joy of working for a small privately held company).

Sometimes it helps if they hear it from many different people, what would really help is if one of our clients said hey you need to do something abouts this, thats when the really listen.

JodiB

Still plugging along
Yes, I know exactly what you mean and during an internal audit that was being done on my dept. I begged to get a write-up for "lack of sufficient resources" . Auditor complied (it was true, I simply pointed it out:) ), and the write up was written against mgt.

A

Aaron Lupo

I probably should have clairfied, while it was found during an audit of a particular dept. I made it very clear in my report that the Executive Committe is the ones responsible for this issue. I am not trying to tell them how to run their business, i am trying to help them improve their business/profit, at least i hope they see it that way.

M

Michael T

Oh Yeah!!

I'd write them up especially if they review resources during any kind of Management Review.

I never really thought about it, but I guess I'm pretty lucky. Resources (Procedures, Personnel, Equipment & Floor space) are reviewed quarterly at our Management Review Meetings. This is taken very seriously and any area that has been found deficient is given top project status.

Cheers!!!

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Anyone with current comments or experiences regarding having adequate resources?

al40

Quite Involved in Discussions
Michael T said:
I'd write them up especially if they review resources during any kind of Management Review.

I never really thought about it, but I guess I'm pretty lucky. Resources (Procedures, Personnel, Equipment & Floor space) are reviewed quarterly at our Management Review Meetings. This is taken very seriously and any area that has been found deficient is given top project status.

Cheers!!!
I have to agree with Michael.

My management takes resources very seriously we just had our management review and during the resources review the president bought two new seats for solid works to allow greater usage and authorized employees to replace old laptops and then he sign off on the expansion of our development lab.
:applause:
AL

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M What is the best question you have ever been asked? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 11
S As a Customer, have you ever been Surveyed? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 12
J Has anyone ever been harmed by a CMM (coordinate measuring machine)? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 11
L Have you ever been rejected for a reference dimension being out of tolerance? Manufacturing and Related Processes 28
E Interesting Discussion Was this the fastest ever stage 2 ISO9001:2015 audit? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 76
Q Have you ever "excluded" certain job descriptions from the QMS? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
Sam Lazzara Notified Body CE Project Manager - Worst job ever? EU Medical Device Regulations 6
Claes Gefvenberg Worst measuring equipment ever? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 6
F Is Testing ever a legitimate Risk Mitigation? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 7
J What ever happened to Medical Device Risk Management, anyway? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 17
Marc Lake Mead Plunges To Lowest Level Ever - 2016 World News 10
P Has anyone ever heard of the Eastern Weighing and Inspection Bureau? Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 1
Hershal First ever college football playoff? 2014 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
Q REACH due dilligence and meeting the ever moving SVHC target RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 5
H Most Poorly Written FDA Warning Letter Ever? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
D ?Pa? Capability Index - Has anyone ever heard of this? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 5
drgnrider How to control documents that most likely won't change ever ? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
R Mix Multi-Site/Individual Certification - Has this ever happened to anyone? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 14
C Have you Ever Wished You Could Audit Your CB Registrars and Notified Bodies 24
P Has anyone ever heard of "Quality Gates" (Volkswagen term?) - APQP and PPAP APQP and PPAP 11
I Has anyone ever heard of Registrar QSRD-International? Registrars and Notified Bodies 36
K Have you ever behaved differently because you were being watched? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
S Have you ever "used" an auditor to achieve a goal? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 18
J Ever heard of having a Controlled SOP template? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 12
L Dry Lube Application (Ever lube 620) - Manual Application vs. Automated Spray Process Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
J Ever gone "Dry-Dock fishing?" Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
M Best Problem Statement Ever - (Caution - Childish Scatalogical Humor Ahead!) Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
D Using Regrind - Anyone ever used a deduster to improve quality of material? Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
apestate FAA Regulations: Is it ever OK to sign off on nonconforming type certified parts? Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 8
R MSDS Sheets for Products - How much is too much - Or is there ever too much? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 12
S Cappsnt Software - Has anyone ever used Cappsnt software for a CMM? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
Jim Wynne The Lamest Nigerian Scam Email Ever Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
Manix The Toughest Decision I have ever had to make! Director or Quality Engineer Career and Occupation Discussions 16
R CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) - Ever heard CMMI? Software Quality Assurance 5
0 Anyone ever worked with the program Rapidminer to datamine databases Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
B Help with Submitting Part Layout Dimensionals - My first ever PPAP (to GM) APQP and PPAP 5
T Resolution Analysis - Has anyone ever performed a Resolution Analysis? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
C Has anyone ever heard of Informance software? Monitors machine uptime/downtime (OEE) Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 11
N Ever heard of GJB 9001A-2001 Standard? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
Q What ever happened to the "Process is not systemic" finding ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
Jim Wynne Virus Hoaxes or, What Ever Happened to Fact-Checking? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
I Have you ever heard about TOSI (polymer)? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
GStough Microsoft InfoPath - Anyone Ever Used This? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
A Has anyone ever written a Quoting Process? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
Marc How fast is the fastest you have ever driven a land vehicle? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 105
J As a consultant, have you ever fired a client? If so, when? Consultants and Consulting 54
C Ever come across an ISO 9001 certificate with more than 3 years validity period? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 35
GStough Anyone Here Ever Move from ISO 9001 / ISO 13485 into AS9100? Career and Occupation Discussions 3
J Ever see/do a presentation in an interview? Career and Occupation Discussions 19
C GME 00004 + GME 60271 - Anyone ever heard of these norms for GM? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1