Example Internal Audit Schedule wanted

M

mcervantes

I am looking for a sample internal audit schedule if anyone has one they can share. I don't want to recreate the wheel. thank you

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

DEVigil

Involved In Discussions
Re: Internal audit schedule

I work for a very small medical device software company, so our audit schedule is geared to our needs (which means, among other things, it's fairly simple and geared mostly to ISO 13485 requirements). But I present it here in case it can be of help to you at least as a starting place :).

Debra

Attachments

J

JoShmo

I am looking for a sample internal audit schedule if anyone has one they can share. I don't want to recreate the wheel. thank you
Your not required to have a "schedule". You simply have to plan an audit program. Doesn't say you have to fill a whole year up with audits, just because everyone's been fooled into thinking that's the way to do it. Sure, it keep register auditors happy - they often have no clue that's not what's needed, either. In the meantime, internal auditors do audits and they aren't linked to any "event" in the business which management care about. You can't use anyone else's schedule because their business isn't youre business. Instead, find out what keeps your management awake at night instead and go audit that.

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator
Your not required to have a "schedule". You simply have to plan an audit program. Doesn't say you have to fill a whole year up with audits, just because everyone's been fooled into thinking that's the way to do it. Sure, it keep register auditors happy - they often have no clue that's not what's needed, either. In the meantime, internal auditors do audits and they aren't linked to any "event" in the business which management care about. You can't use anyone else's schedule because their business isn't youre business. Instead, find out what keeps your management awake at night instead and go audit that.
You're required to conduct audits at planned intervals. You're required to plan an audit program. You're required to define audit criteria, scope, and frequency. Why would the OP go out of their way to invent a different method to plan and track the audit activities when, even though it's not required, a simple method (schedule) already exists? Do you have an alternative method that is better? Let's try to help the OP.

I'm not required to use wheels to get to work, but until my hovercraft gets back from the shop, wheels work just fine and I'll continue to use them.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
it keep register auditors happy
For someone so knowledgeable about management systems, your continual use of the word register, instead of the correct term registrar seems artificially forced.

The spirit of The Cove is people helping people. The OP did not ask for the perfect internal audit schedule template. If he needs a head start to get his internal audit program going, we can certainly help him.

Let's not explode all myths at once, please. ;)

Audit Coordinator

Involved In Discussions
Could you post it for the benefit of all Covers ? Thank you !
Ajit,
I had wanted to post it here but I was concerned about proprietary information so instead I took your advice and deleted anything that would pertain to names and such. Obviously, this was created to fit our company and your results may vary. Also, I know some of this is not updated yet as I was out for nearly six months going through cancer treatment and just came back to work two weeks ago. Lots to do to catch up!
:ca:

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Internal Audit - Procedure example Internal Auditing 5
T Example wanted - Template for internal audit IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
A IATF 16949 - 9.2.2.1 Internal Audit Programme - looking for example IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
J AS9100D Internal Audit (9.2) Example wanted AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
A MDSAP Internal Audit Program example wanted Internal Auditing 3
C IT Internal Audit Turtle Diagram example wanted Internal Auditing 3
L ISO 13485 Internal Audit Schedule example needed Internal Auditing 9
D AS9100c Internal Audit example wanted AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
K Internal Audit Competency Application Form example wanted Internal Auditing 3
D ISO TS 29001 (Petroleum Petrochemical Natural Gas) - Internal Audit Checklist example Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
C Does anyone have an example of an ISO 14001 Internal Audit Schedule ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
S Internal Audit Procedure and Schedule example Internal Auditing 2
D Example of an "Internal Audit Plan" - Format dispute with extrnal auditor IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
T IS014001:2004 Internal Audit Forms, Anyboby have an example?? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 10
A Need Example of Metrics for Internal Audit Process. Internal Auditing 6
M Internal Quality Audit - Seeking Example Procedure Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
J Internal Product Audit - Seeking an example form IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 18
J 8.2.2.4 Audit Plans - Can anyone share an example of their Internal Audit Plan? Internal Auditing 8
T Developing TS-16949 Internal Audit Schedule - Seeking Example and Advice Internal Auditing 9
F AS9100 Internal Audit Schedule - Seeking Example AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
A TS 16949 Implementation - Example of gap analysis or internal audit procedure Internal Auditing 11
M Internal Audit Report Example Template Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 50
Q Medical Device Internal Test Certificate Example Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
P ISO/TS 16949:2002 - Internal Laboratory Scope - Post good example please! IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
C Internal Auditing form or plan example needed Internal Auditing 10
N Internal Auditing Processes - Example or Explaination Internal Auditing 9
H Process Approach - Internal Audits - Example Check List Attached Internal Auditing 11
Q Example Process orientation to the process leadership, management, goals (tasks of the top management) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
Q Example of the Risk Template Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
D Test summary report example for design validation wanted - ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
M Risk managment report of Surgical Mask Example ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 14
M Example of statement for procedure pack MDR Article 22? Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 0
A 5 x 5 Risk Matrix - Looking for a good example Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
N Post Market Surveillance Package Example Wanted ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
D Calibration Process Flow Map Example Wanted General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
D Redacted 510(k)s - Example wanted Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 14
F Hi friends, can anyone show me an example of a procedure for ISO 13485 6.4.1 Work Environment? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
DuncanGibbons Looking for example aerospace part CAD files to be used for a case study Career and Occupation Discussions 2
M An example of risk analysis of class I MD ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 36
Jimmy123 Example of a P-Diagram for Process FMEA - Uncontrollable noises FMEA and Control Plans 39
D Monitoring and measuring resources - Example of how section ISO 9001 7.1.5 would apply to a manufacture of software ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
D Validation of existing equipment - Risk based approach example ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
A ISO/TS 22163 Item 5.2.4 Safety policy - Example wanted Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
I Functional Safety Analysis/Report Example IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 6
H Man Hour Plan 145.A.30 example needed EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 0
R Real Example of a currently marketed Procedure Pack CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
D Example for Accessories of "Annex XVI non-medical devices" and how to classify it now with respect ot EU MDR Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
MichaelDRoach Oganization's Self Declaration of Conformance to ISO 28000 wording example wanted Supply Chain Security Management Systems 1
A Australia TGA Medical Device Sponsor Agreement - Example or Template Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 14
J ISO 13485 8.4 Analysis of Data - Procedure example ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1