Please disable your adblock and script blockers to view this page
Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Example Internal Audit Schedule wanted

"Process Audit - Internal Audits
Process Audit - Sintering
Process Audit - Grinding
Process Audit - Milling
Process Audit - Business Systems - Transfers/Shipping
Process Audit - Information Technology (IT)
Process Audit - New Product Introduction
Process Audit - Engineering Change Control
Process Audit - Scheduling
Process Audit - Maintenance
Process Audit - Human Resources
Process Audit - Calibration
Process Audit - Control of Nonconforming Product
Process Audit - Purchasing
Process Audit - Management Responsibility
Process Audit - Receiving
Process Audit - Customer Focus
Process Audit - Preventive Action / Risk Assessment
Process Audit - Contract Review
Process Audit - Document / Records Control
Process Audit - Corrective Action"

Questions:
What size is the company where you have 21 processes (and does not have Purchasing)?
Does each process have a metric?

Audit Coordinator

Involved In Discussions
Hi,
First, the eighth one up from the bottom is PURCHASING. So many your eyes got blurry, right?
Daunting, isn't it. Our quality manager is the one who came up with that list. We do have that many processes that need to be audited. The company is world wide with five plants in the U.S. Our plant here manufactures parts for a number of industries; Aerospace, automotive, paper manufacturing, and a variety of others as well. We tried our hand at medical but that didn't work out, thank goodness because we already have to conform to three different standards! At our plant, we have about 150 employees. Almost every process has KPI's to monitor and analyze results and the few that don't, will need to start soon. Once metrics are created for a process, it's easy to keep up and track. It's the initial creation that takes some time to establish.
Overall, it gives a CB a good perspective of what we do and how we do it - and I've got nothing but rave reviews at every external audit, and that personally, makes me happy because I've had to start from scratch with no formal quality training in my past other than my AS9100 certification last year. I don't tell too many people this, but I'm really a fisheries biologist by education.....retired from working at sea for 20 years in Alaska, for the government....
;)

Reluctance

Involved In Discussions
Here is another example to pick from used for an ISO 9001:2008 based quality system. The top section is for planning out when audit should generally be done with columns to the right to keep track of when the audit was actually done as well as any follow up dates. Typically we insert a hyperlink in the cell along with the date for quick reference later. The bottom section is a manual method of tracking which portions of the standard have been audited/reviewed. This is a high level tool for our Quality Manager to see what areas should be looked at more closely in the next schedule or for follow up audits.

The format is a bit busy. Watch out for blurry vision. :D

Attachments

So many your eyes got blurry, right?
Daunting, isn't it.;)
YES!

It is daunting.

I am in a smaller shop these days and I was able to do things like have a process called Purchasing and put Receiving in there as a sub-process. We maintain metrics for "Purchasing" and don't have specific sub-process metrics.

Last edited:

Audit Coordinator

Involved In Discussions
We have to keep recieving unto itself in that it's too big of an animal to include with any other process. Receiving has a couple of metrics they maintain as well, one of which I love as it tracks internal customer satisfaction. That means if they don't deliver packages to the rest of our employees in a timely manor, it will show in their metric. It keeps them on their toes as a few times in the past, there were some issues of receiving not delivering our packages that they had back there, for a number of days!
:eek::whip:
FYI - in about another year, our Quality Manager will be retiring so that position will open up......just in case you'd love to move to the Pacific Norwthwest... :cool:

Randy

Super Moderator
Marginally worthless all unless you can demonstrate the taking into consideration of previous audit results and importance/risk within the "schedules"

Mike S.

An Early 'Cover'
Trusted
Marginally worthless all unless you can demonstrate the taking into consideration of previous audit results and importance/risk within the "schedules"
Right, the audit schedule must be based on a review of "the status and importance of the processes and areas to be audited, as well as the results of previous audits" but that can be a separate document or part of the schedule document.

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
My internal audit schedules don't list or reference any ISO/AS clauses. It lists our processes. When I create and post my audit plan, I indicate which departments I'll be in at what date/time, and which procedures/requirements I will be auditing to - whether company procedure(s), customer specification(s), or ISO/AS requirements.

As for status and importance, you'll see in the revision history that I added Fab/Mach and Build - that is because we added to our building and both departments were new in our facility this year - so I scheduled them for 2X/year. I also changed the DPD process from 1X/year to twice, because we're switching from our current system over to Teamcenter - a significant change. I'll also increase or decrease frequency based on nonconformances identified.

Attachments

P

PMIN92618

Hello!

Our contract manufacturing site recently had an internal audit by a third party auditor. This was his finding:

Future internal audits of the internal audit process will need to be done by someone who did not perform the prior audit.

Top Management for the customer and the contract manufacturer are the same. As the customer, we can audit our contract manufacturer in addition, however, wouldn't that be a grey area since some of the contract manufacturer SOPs are written by their RA/QA group?

Thoughts on how to address this finding?

Top Bottom