Example ISO 9001 Quality Plan

C

Catherine Lim

Can anyone assist me with a sample of a ISO 9001:2000 Quality Plan.
We are a engineering sales company.
Thank you.

A

Aaron Lupo

Catherine,
This might sound like a silly question, but what is the Quality Plan addressing??

C

Catherine Lim

Hi ISO Guy,

Perhaps i hve phrased the request wrongly.
I just want a sample of what should be reflected in the Quality Plan. As to what the QPlan should be addressing - i don't know - that's why i am requesting. Auditors have asked for this.

E

energy

I am currently working on our Quality Plan with a consultant. It begins with receiving a quote, reviewing it, resolving issues between the customer, getting the order, designing the product, if required, manufacture, nonconforming product handling, testing, packaging and shipping and delivery to the customer. All this is shown on a flow chart with text annotations referencing procedures. We also have a block of support activities that addresses areas such as Internal Quality Auditing, etc. Marc has some good examples in the PTF section that you can find by typing Quality Plans in the search function. My consultant and I have been batting this thing around because it is important, and you're absolutely right that auditors want to see it. It's their roadmap of your Quality Management System. We actually intend to have a short "Tier" 2 document to cover some things that I can't fit on the flowchart. Good luck. It's not an easy task.
energy

A

Aaron Lupo

Catherine,
Do you have a copy of ISO 10005 the guideline for Quality Plans. If not I can share the procedure w have written on Quality Planning.

A

Al the Elf

Is ISO10005 any good ? Is it still applicable with regard to the changes to 9K-2K ? I've never read it and am trying to decide if it's worth the investment ?

Cheers, Al.

[This message has been edited by Al the Elf (edited 25 May 2001).]

A

Ak

Hi Catherine,
Here is a suggestion.
Step 1: List all your procedures/instruction/check list in what ever form they exist.
Step 2: Allot a working group responsibility to perform the task, say design planning
Step 3: Specify the verification authority.
Step 4: Decrare the authority to approve the work.
Step 5: Append the document with Project specific or generic.

We did some design/ engineering work for a Refinery consortium, and submitted it as an Activity Quality Plan.
Hope it gives you some additional answer.

Ak

A

Aaron Lupo

I will e-mail it to everyone who has asked first thing Tuesday morning. I am not in the office today I decided to start my weekend early.!!

Top Bottom